1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Digi, 12 Apr 2012.

1. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Last edited: 17 Apr 2012
    YEHBABY likes this.
  2. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I hope they expand the suit modes similar to Crysis 1. Crysis 2 felt very limited in the control I could have. Gunsmith's videos wouldn't be half as awesome if they were in Crysis 2, because of the epic switching between suit modes in the air. And please, please, PLEASE more open areas!

3. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

+1 Loved the first ones open areas but the second was so linear. You were only given an alternative route now and then and even so it was take route 1 or take route 2.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i played C1 the other day, surprisingly my mouse shortcuts still work, and it felt was awesome to do switch between modes so quickly.

most importantly just walking really fast in speed mode without using energy. or able to snipe accurately using strength. it's these brilliant original design decisions that made the game fantastic to play.

unfortunately i don't see Crysis 3 make a return to greatness. it's now a console game. it's sad to see that to cater for console controllers they are basically making a Halo reskin.

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

+1 to this!

I'm thinking there won't even be a new engine, it will just be a consolified update. I hope not though.

6. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

In Crysis 1:
    You can kill everyone, then get swamped with enemies. Or you can go stealthy under the sea. Or you can try and drive as fast as possible and hope not to be shot. Or you can tactically snipe a few people and make palm trees fall on jeeps full of enemies.

In Crysis 2:
    You can kill everyone. Or go into a drain, just to kill everyone easier.

And what has happened to the PC-melting specs that Crytek were so famous for at first? When a game can only be played at medium settings on release day, then you know it has an exciting future (when the first PCs can play it maxed out).

7. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Consolification unfortunately :(

Crysis 1 & Warhead bring back good memories. Now that I run a great machine I think I will go back and play the both with some MODS like - http://www.moddb.com/mods?filter=t&kw=Search+...&released=1&style=def&theme=&game=183&type=1

8. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Mixed bag, Crysis 2 looked and played well, but the environments let it down. 100% down to limited memory on certain platforms. I would like to see a mix of locations this time round, and actual definitive routes to take which alter gameplay...

Not just "look Dave, it's a sniper. If you take him out you can grab his thingy." "Look Dave, theres a drain pipe, if you go through there, it'll be a bit different for you. Live a little"

Not like the original. "If you drive through that shanty house you can jump out and shoot that explosive barrel, then pick up a piece of debris and slap the last bloke around a bit."

9. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Why would they need to make a new engine? CE2 was already more than good enough let alone CE3. They haven't even taken full advantage of either.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

im calling it now

it will be ****.

11. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

The Ninja has spoken!

12. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Amen to that.

Now we come up with the worse changes the developers could make - for a bit of fun (prob the most we will get out of the game :p )

So I go for:

1.) Nanosuit can construct bullets as needed
    2.) Nanosuit now has flight mode/glider wings
    3.) Maxium medival mode - A battleaxe to go with that bow

:lol:

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the nanosuit will now automatically aim and fire at anything within your line of sight.
    the enemy will now see you through even more walls then they did in crysis 2.
    "we understand that choice confuses the gamer so we've streamlined the levels even more so"
    the nanosuit will now absorb all the bullets that hit it and use the lead in repairing its armour mode.
    the nanosuit now comes with dlc modules.
    the nanosuit now comes with retail specific dlc modules

14. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

The nanosuit has learned to Time travel, but then forgets how to go back to the future... You then lose your guns and have to construct a Bow to fend off the aliens

15. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Well... There's no point even bothering then is there?

If the Ninja says it, it shall be so!

16. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

So the final boss will start to move towards you as soon as you start the game then? :p

Who ever said that: I to meet. Meet and then "Streamline a baseball bat to his head" :wallbash: And people say consolification is just nerd rage.
    [/QUOTE]

That actually scares me, as this is SO within the realm of being possible - I'm shocked they haven't annouced it already. I think the only thing missing form that prediction is:

"Store specific pre-order dlc nanosuit modules - WITH adverts. Because everyone wants a Burger King Health regen booster!!! :rock:"

AAARRRRR :wallbash::wallbash:

17. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Ok so you're a fanatic of the original, doesn't make you a gypsy fortune teller, br0.

You're still probably right though lmao.

18. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I called it before crysis 2 ;p And I don't even think Crysis is all that great. For me it's something like this:

Far Cry > Crysis > Warhead > Crysis2

And the old stuff like Quake and System Shock is better than all of them put together! Even the Halflife games are in a different league imo. Stupid modern gaming :/

19. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

No, Gunsmith is not a fanatic of the original. He is the God of the original.

20. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

When you're recognised by multiple communities and even the developers themselves for your achievements in a game, you're not a fanatic, you're the spearhead of advertising.