1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows CS:GO just not as fun as Source?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Boscoe, 19 May 2019.

1. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

I'm sure this has been done to death already and from 1.6 to source. I recently played GO for the first time from the recommendation of a flatmate. Being a long term source player I have to say I think it's dreadful. It seems by trying to compete with Modern Warfare etc. through adding in graphics a features it has just really diminished that sooo pure and simple game play. The things that bothered me most were how slow the walking is, the extremely stupid spawning locations for deathmatch and the lack of ability to choose your sever. Custom servers are such good fun and a really important component from the original modding scene I think.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

To get onto private servers there should be the option to 'Browse Community Servers' under play, you might have to enable it in the options menu (haven't played CS GO in a while). Or you can use the Steam desktop server browser. There are certainly lots of custom servers kicking about, although Valve are keen to direct new players into their ranked walled garden.

I agree about preferring Source, but I prefer Source over 1.6 as well, which apparently makes me a scrub.

The_Crapman likes this.
  3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Blasphemer! :hehe:

Jesus I haven't played cs in so long. Or dod. I now feel the need for a lan weekend. Throw in some swat 4, raven shield, ts. Ah that sweet smell of nostalgia and the horrid stench of shoddy sound card drivers.

4. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

1.6 was much better than source - It peaked around BETA 6 for me, the balance was never quite right again, and everything except the AWP/AK/M4 became pointless to use.