1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News CUPP confirms funding for PunkThis development

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 2 Feb 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

"Sadly, while Windows 8 will support the ARM instruction set architecture, the module's 512MB of memory likely precludes its use."

That's microsoft's damn fault. if they want to target arm then they need to learn how to program better and reduce bloat. even windows xp sp3 is relatively bloated. the only major complaints i had about windows 7 was it was still very bloated (especially 64 bit) and how they stuck with vista's control panel.

Anyways, this product sounds very interesting and depending on how much it costs i'd consider getting it to replace my netbook.

3. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

i've just installed win8 on an old laptop 3.0ghz pentium 4 with 768 MB ram and 60GB hd, will let you know how it goes when i get chance to have a play

4. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

do you even know about windows 8's features?
    "bloatware" is one of the main things that was reduced... having a windows environment running with only 250-300 MB of RAM is pretty damn impressive.

5. alialias

alialias What's a Dremel?

This is a good idea, but surely the fact that a netbook is really only designed to be used to browse the web, then having a more lean processor onboard to run light tasks such as web browsing negates the need for the x86 processor at all?

6. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

True, but netbooks are nearly dead anyway, so hopefully enterprising hackers come up with some good ideas for it other places. For my part, I'd be interested in getting one of these for my Brazos board, since the WiFi Mini-PCIe module likely won't do me much good (the USB dongle has to be pointed just so to get that sweet, sweet neighbor-Fi.) Of course, it will need to be able to do cool stuff already before it does me any good...although I wonder how (or even if) it could be made bootable. Anyone know, since I'm frickin lazy and don't want to look it up myself?

Tags: Add Tags