1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dead Rising to become franchise

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 11 Jan 2007.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan What's a Dremel?

Dead Rising really looks like an awesome game and I can't wait to play it when I get a 360, more of them should be very interesting.

But I wouldn't hold your breath for a PC version of Gears Of War, if it does come out on PC it'll be just like the Halo PC ports (Dull and broken) and you'll be waiting for quite some time yet.

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Well I take it you don't read the reports at eurogamer then? They've once again denied that GoW will be hitting PC.

4. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

dead rising was such an awful and boring game i returned it after one day and got oblivion.

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Have to agree with that. It was designed for the xbox. Play the game and you'll see how it just wouldn't feel right on a PC.

6. Chuff_72

Chuff_72 What's a Dremel?

:hehe:
    :hehe: I basically did the reverse of this! Couldn't abide the levelling system in Oblivion - ruined the whole experience for me (but I never return my games, so it's just sitting there giving me evils from the shelf). Got Dead Rising, love everything about it - I'm not gonna question your opinion :D - I love quick blast short games, and this one even allows you to restart the game whenever you like with all your hard earned stats! Really loved this concept (loads of people hated it though...). Great fun, great game, roll on the Franchise Machine :D

Oh yeah, the Gears maps are ok, Raven Down is a bit, well... stupid, but still fun, and Old Bones fits in with the original set very well. Watch out for the patch though, loads of problems with "Strict" NAT... lots of unhappy chappies out there!

7. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Well, the whole "kill zombies" in a box (i.e., mall) has been done now, so doing it in an airport or some other building/area might be old news.

A big city - that would be interesting. But I think the really area of opportunity would be a big city with multiplayer ability. You log into xbox live and join into a city and start battling with dozens of other people, co-op, etc.

Much more potential, i think.

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I donwloaded the demo on Xbox live at christmas when I got me 360 and thinking of buying it as I enjoyed killing those darn zombies. Only £24.99 on play so its cheap to buy.

9. tuteja1986

tuteja1986 What's a Dremel?

Your kidding... the game is only annoying at start but the you find a whole new layer to game that makes it so awesome. You are just like one of thousands of people who never game a chance because of the horrible save system. It took me 4hrs + of playing time before i started to love dead rising. I still play it today and same goes with Viva Pinata.

10. Chuff_72

That's where I got my copy, yay Play! :D

11. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Dead rising is so close to being a classic. I think if they sort the save system, remove the overall time limit and drop in multiplayer it will be a legendary sequel.

12. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Dead rising was great fun, hopefully it will come to PC now.

To those that say No Gears on PC for a long while: Halo-1/Halo-2 were before the whole Windows Live Anywhere and Games for Windows push. It's very possible that Microsoft would want this game to help spearhead the movement and show support. Plus Epic is a PC developer, and this game would be instant crazy money. So I don't think it's a given either way.

As for Dead rising being a franchise, blaw. All the push for "New IP" makes me laugh. Why do publishes want new IP? So they can make franchises out of them, and beat them to death with a flood of releases. I don't care about the setting/story (IP), I want "New gameplay". But no one ever talks about that. Change the setting/store of your cookie-cutter shooter, and it's still the same game to me.

For all the flak Nintendo gets with it's core franchises, eg, Mario, you have to give them some credit. All the mario games are defnitely not the same platformer over and over. You have all different sports, racing, pinball, etc. While the IP is the same, the gameplay is different.

If the dead rising "franchise" doesn't innovate, and is the same old gameplay, then that is not something to celebrate.

Aggies

13. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I don't see what's so hard about the save system, you have the safe room to save in & ALL the bathrooms around the mall. If you need to save you just run to the nearest bathroom and save. It's not like it would be your first time scrambling to a bathroom to get "relieve" :hehe:

14. Chuff_72

I have no problem with the save system either, I guess it's when people die and then choose the Save & Quit option... not sure why you would want to save when you're dead, but this then doesn't give you the option to load your old game, you have to start again - appaently a difficult concept for many people.

15. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

I don't have a real problem with it I just think its not ideal. Its probably amplified by the time limit, I think peoples main gripe is that its pretty easy to save your game somewhere where you cant get to the next scoop location in time. All I think it needs to make it spot on is multiple saves so if you end up really short on time you can just go back a few save points and try and be faster.

16. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

The only real problem i had to DR is that the control system left a -lot- to be desired. I just found it difficult to use the 360 controller, what with the trying to aim on a stick and all. That, and the interaction/control felt a little disjointed.

Tags: Add Tags