1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Dead Space: Extraction Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 27 Apr 2009.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Sounds interesting, if there wasn't this tiny annoying "Wii Exclusive" bit... :)

Also: "...didn't get their on their own one day... ". Spot the typo! :p

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Wii Exclusive... crap. I love DS, thought the comic movie was a bad joke compared to the game and hoped they'd make an add-on for it. Now thanks to marketing it's Wii Exclusive and I will have to play through it again, then Silent Hill [the first 4], then Doom3. Because that's what made DS great for me: It's like SH meets Doom. Lots of gaming ahead. :sigh: :D

4. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Thanks azrael - typo fixed

5. sear

sear Guest

I think the game looks pretty good, to be honest, at least as far as graphics are concerned. The art style from the first game is intact and the mood and feel are all still there. Some lower-res textures and slightly blockier models aren't enough to get me down. With visuals, you can't focus on the individual bits and pieces, but rather you need to take in the whole picture. Even in Crysis, staring at the minute details of the terrain and vegetation reveals them as fairly poor at times, and the shadow resolution could be much higher, but nobody says the game has bad graphics because the overall picture is so good. I'm not saying Dead Space on Wii looks like a "next gen" game, but it doesn't have to, so long as it's got appealing art and enough technology to drive it.

6. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

No problem! My good deed of the day! Now I can go back to being obnoxious... :p

@sear: Yes yes... but it's still a Wii Exclusive!

7. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

Wii?!

I was excited by this review on the front page, I'd like to give Deadspace a shot if they have improved the often criticised interface of the intial release. A wiimote wasn't what I had in mind though.

8. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

lol yeah wii.. oh well

9. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Great, I'm going to have to wait until Dead Space 2 for some more space-zombie limb shredding :(

I loved the first game, but I ain't selling out to play a dumbed down kiddie console version (considering it's a survival horror game, is there even a market for it given the Wii's user base?).

10. random_2

random_2 What's a Dremel?

OK! OK! I admit I may have just skimmed this article...not being a wiiner. And I might not have read every game review over the past 6 months, so I have to ask. What the heck is "on-rails"?

"You’re never going to see huge draw distances, high-dynamic range lighting or any of the other really cool-sounding buzzwords making an appearance in a Wii game"............except in this review..... :)

Keep your stick on the ice.

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

On-rails...well, I honestly thought that was a well known and self-explanatory term. It's literally where the player is on a rail and cannot deviate from the set path - like in House of the Dead or Virtua Cop.

12. LeetGamesBlog

LeetGamesBlog What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to this, but it'll have to be pretty special to beat the original Dead Space. Did everyone understand what the ending was all about anyway?

Here's a guide with some thoughts on it:
    http://www.leetgamesblog.com/dead-space-ending

13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Wheeee! It's for the Wii!
    :clap:

Tags: Add Tags