1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficult situation you had/have to face and how you managed to overcome it

Discussion in 'Serious' started by satisfiedwimp, 9 Apr 2021.

1. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Thank you, took me awhile to get over the fact men can be the victim of abuse, and not all abuse is getting the shite kicked out of you. Took some serious mental adjusting, but I've come out on the right side of things.

Onwards and upwards.

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

This is one of the more annoying things that is actually changing now but very slowly.

Men have been "Victims" for years, with no one really ever thinking let alone talking about it.

I am not saying Women have not been "Victims" either, but most if not all the abuse Men take on a daily basis that is/was classed as "Ok", Men just had to put up with it for fear of being labelled a "Pu***" or "Bit**" etc etc by both Men and Women whilst suffering in silence.

To me there are 2 major things that need to be overcome before people will fully understand the "Abuse" Men deal with.

1: Women need to understand that Men can actually be Victims of Domestic, Sexual, Mental, Physical, Financial, Verbal Abuse etc which can be perpetrated by both Women and Men on to Men.

2: Men need to wake up and realise that they need to start reporting Abuse when it happens, because until it's reported then nothing will be done about it and the attitudes of Men and Women will not change.

The 2nd point there can also relate to Women in that Women need to report and follow through with the report on Abuse regardless of who carries it out!!

Not trying to get in a argument with anyone about who has suffered more etc, because frankly that just gets out of control and gets nowhere.

There are forums etc where Men can talk to other Men about Abuse issues etc and I strongly suggest anyone look in to them but obviously be aware some are also "Recruiting grounds" and that goes the same for Women.

Byron C and DeanSUNIAIU like this.
  3. walle

walle Minimodder

@DeanSUNIAIU

Not only did you show your ex you're a man with drive, resilience and perseverance, but you also advanced and improved on your station.

This is the only way for a man to "get back" on a woman that wronged him, by proving her wrong you had her question her decision to walk away and by not giving her the satisfaction to see you crushed you robbed her of the satisfaction, and finally, with you moving on you demonstrated to her that she never meant much too you in the first place. Just a small footnote in a chapter of your life.

All the best to you and your children.

Addendum.
    (I might get some flak for this but that never bothered me much)

In chess, the entire game is centered around the King, because without the King, there is no game, however, he is not rated as the strongest piece on the chessboard, that would be the queen, because the queen can move in any direction at any point, whereas the king can only move one step at a time.

In chess the queen therefore uses her freedom and utility to protect the king as he advances his mission one step at a time, her entire purpose is to serve him, they both benefit and reap the rewards.

Hopefully your knew 'queen' will be an asset to you and not a liability.

Last edited: 9 Sep 2021
    DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  4. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Strong and wise words guys. Means a lot