1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Does anyone here stream or upload to YT?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Matticus, 5 May 2018.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

Do it! It definitely has added a little extra fun and interaction with friends, especially those who can't play but can hop into the stream and judge :hehe:

I followed you specifically to see some crazy cooling action so hopefully you decide to pick it up again soon!

Thanks, and thanks :naughty:

Will you be streaming at all? If so I shall drop by!

I have seen the same thing with a lot of people who I used to watch on YouTube, the effort involved in a 30 minute video is more than a 6+ hour stream, and for most people less profitable too. I think unless your YouTube videos have a lot of replay value or are still relevant months/years later then streaming is a better use of time. Plus the live interaction probably makes it feel less isolated and lonely if it were your job!

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Aha well yeah it's something I need to have another go at, see if I can sort my audio issues.

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I upload my sprint and hillclimb runs to YT, mostly because I like to watch myself :worried: and so my rivals like to see my awesomeness....always good for a laugh :grin:

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I upload to youtube regularly. Just so my mates can watch our PUBG plays!

5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Used to share the odd video on YouTube and broadcast some of my programming & sketching activities to Twitch a few years ago, haven't really done much lately.
    I've thought about going back to doing some recordings on the weekends but haven't got around to putting anything together.

6. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I would but I lack the correct amount of charisma to be interesting to the type of people that would watch.

7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

If you want to you should, don't worry about whether people are watching or not. Trying to get into streaming purely to get loads of viewers etc won't work for 99.9% of people (basically the rock star dream of this generation)

Byron C likes this.
  8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So I have determined that StreamLabs OBS sucks in comparison to bog standard OBS. At least in terms of performance... StreamLabs couldn't keep up with a 1080p60 stream downscaled to 720p60, but vanilla OBS had no problem at all. It was the same even when using the QuickSync encoder in StreamLabs OBS.

Now if I just get a half-decent audio interface for my mic (because the pre-amp on the integrated audio sucks and I don't want to go back to using a clunky mixing desk)... Of course I can't stream anything other than simple indie or 2D titles using the HD4600 iGPU in my 4670S :grin:.

9. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Username?
    And why aren't I invited hmmm?

10. Canon

Canon Reformed

I'm trying out Steam streaming at the minute, awaiting mic in the post so that I can actually respond to viewers :hehe:

My Steam & Stream

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You can stream through steam?

12. Canon

Canon Reformed

Up into your settings, under "broadcasting". Goodness knows if it actually works, I'm playing now if someone wants to check..:oldconfused:

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Can't see anything. On another note, I've just found out we have a steam group?

14. Canon

Canon Reformed

Is it a Beta feature maybe? Idk seems very strange! Bit-tech and CPC groups, both full of CS refugees.

I've joined my own broadcast and somehow that's made it go live?

15. MLyons

Unless it's due to me not having you added? When I go on your profile it just looks like a normal profile and has no sign of a stream. Very odd.

16. Canon

Canon Reformed

I have selected public viewing, having said that, still could be a case of friends only. It's also very tempermental with performance settings, keeps changing them.

17. Matticus

Matticus ...

Ooooh pretty interested in Streaming via steam! I will take a look into how that works!

@MLyons - that Steam group is ancient!!

18. keir

keir S p i t F i r e