1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Dragon Age II DirectX 11 Screenshots

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chappy, 25 Feb 2011.

1. Chappy

Chappy What's a Dremel?

I just installed Dragon Age II Demo but I can't go very high cause of DX11 req, I'd like to see the difference between DX9 & DX11 Graphics appearance, I'm still in XP so can't see the Improvements if it really worth it to upgrade to Win 7 for this

Thanks

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

You need a DirectX11 compatible GPU to start with. And if you have a 2006 computer or newer with XP... for shame... Check out your University or College if it's part of MSDNAA and you have Win7 license waiting for you for free in both 32 and 64-bit (go 64-bit)

You can find a few YouTube videos in 1080p of the game in Direct X11

3. Chappy

Chappy What's a Dremel?

No, I Already have a DX11 GPU, My Card is ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II that I just recently bought.

I'm still stuck at XP because our software projects and theses in C++ won't run in 7.
    There no such MSDNAA in our University College so that's a sad one.

I'll be buying Win7 home prem 32-bit again because of software compatibility issues.

Thanks, I'll go to utube.

4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I'm yet to come across a single problem with software problems with an x64 Win 7 install.

5. GoodBytes

Wait wait wait.. you guys program in 16-bit? I doubt it!

Unless you guys ultra deprecated winAPI commands, or writing where the software it is installed (which is dumb, and easy fixable.. I can explain the structure of things if you would like). I highly doubt they won't be Win7 ready.

Beside, you have XP Mode. Literary XP 32-bit on Win7 32/64-bit (Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate edition only).

I can test anything for you, if you would like. PM me if you need an FTP account to send your executable.

There is no software compatibility issue under 64-bit Windows. Windows 64-bit uses a technology called WOW64 (Windows-On-Windows 64), where Windows 32-bit is ON Windows 64-bit. Hence you have 2x Program Files (to split Windows program from the 32 and 64-bit version they come with), and 2x system files (system32 (64-bit files), and sysWOW64 (32-bit files)). No emulation, no translation. 2 Windows in 1. Well almost.. you need 64-bit drivers.. which is no issue.

Heck my old 2005 computer (AMD Athlon X2 4400+ Socket 939 (yea remember that killer Intel P4 and D CPU from AMD?!), 2GB DDR1 RAM, Geforce 6600GT, nForce 4), is Vista 64-bit and Win7 64-bit.
    In fact today, you will get more support for 64-bit than 32-bit version of Windows from your hardware manufactures.

Last edited: 25 Feb 2011
  6. Chappy

Chappy What's a Dremel?

test my exe? tnx for the offer but no pls! damn I can't let anyone see this software, actually its a navigation calculator that's giving stupid results, its a nautical calculator which supposedly predicts where the ships are heading to avoid collision, where typhoon is going to hit kinda like that and where not yet done with it

we use python, MSDOS and visual studio lol, they say it would be more better to stick with 32-bit for old school software's, we still use winxp pro 32-bit in our univ so I'm going to stick with xp for a while till I'm done with this

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

VM with XP in it?

VMware running Ubuntu and XP is how i got through my university. best part of this is that even if you re-install host Windows, the VM images are still intact, you can still start where you left off.

and buy 64bit, that 580 will only allow 2.5GB of your RAM to be usable to your system due to 32bit is only addressable up to 4GB.

how much RAM have you got? if you've got 8GB, you should be able to run 2 or even 3 VM while gaming without problem. and if you are like me, 16GB? :D 4 or more VM are a piece of cake.

8. GoodBytes

My University did the full switch to Win7 looooong time ago. :S