1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News DTS demonstrates Master HD Audio

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 12 Jun 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Jun 2007
  2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I want that Amp, bindi: grab it for me plzkthx

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

k I'll blag two.

4. DougEdey

Sweet

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Make that 3 ;)

6. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Just to say, I have to agree about the 7.1 thing on desktops. I have the S750s (gigaworks 7.1s) and i only have 3 of the speakers plugged in (left middle right) as i just do not have room for the other 4 (nor stands for them) -- still great sound from the ones that are plugged in ^_^

7. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Can't say I was ever really a fan of surround sound, never really felt like anything was behind me.

I'll stick with my stereo setup and my monoblock tube amps :p

8. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

I never got into surround sound either when I had a 5.1 surround soundcard + speakers.
    Was just a PITA getting the speakers located correctly and not falling over the wires.

Also, there's a typo in the front page link (and the quote in the 1st post). :)

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Urh! God it's so obvious but it's one of those tricks you don't see because your eyes just assume you're reading it once.

10. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Mmm, sounds neat. I have to agree that surround sound is rather impractical in most computer setups, but it sure would be nice to have if it were easier. ;)

11. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

So..this is a DRM infested lossless format..?
    What's wrong with FLAC? That's the pinnacle of lossless audio for me (probably supported on more platforms too).

12. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

Well lossless audio..... is lossless audio. The only thing to consider is the space and CPU time it uses.

I have a that "Perfume" movie to watch on HD DVD. That has 'DTS Master HD' track... if it's lossless and so is DD TrueHD... does it matter which one you have? TrueHD is decoded by default on all HDDVD players so........ what's the point of them adding a DTS track. Blu-Ray is another matter I suppose.
    I know this is about it's use on PC's..... I'm just saying...
    DD and DTS are going to have a problem differentiating themselves if they are both lossless.

13. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

what type of receiver is it in the pictures? I know it's a Marantz, wondering if we are going to order it at the store where I work

never mind its the Marantz 2600 mentioned in the article :wallbash: :duh:

guess I'll have to destro..... test it at my work :clap:

14. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

"HD" is climbing on my list of "these words just set me off". Before there have been megapixels, gaming, and some leetspeak-terms. I just don't see the point using words that don't mean a **** :) "but my dad has HD-soundcard in his laptop!"

15. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I'm going to an AV trade show in a couple of weeks, I can get some more info if people are interested?

16. DougEdey

Oooh please Fibble! I need a new AV setup.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ramble, yea, I wish DRM free FLAC could be used but then everyone would be ripping off soundtracks from disks and no one would use either DTS or Dolby.

Lossless is lossless, although the multichannel coding and frequency information held within it are slightly different and handled differently by the supporting decoder.

TrueHD is just like MasterHD, and both need to be supported by a decoder and can also be scaled down. What I find incredible is that it's SO HARD to make sure you're actually listening to the full 7.1 HD version.

18. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

They used some really quality audio leads to connect up the amp. :D

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea :D That's why I included the pic. They're like the free jobbies thrown in with walkmans.

20. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Jeez, its no wonder there is a divide in audiophiles and PC users if they use cables like that (tbh 7.1 in an amp that size, audiophiles use a box that size to do 2.0)

Anywho, back on topic, Seriously, its no wonder consumers get pissed off/confused, yet another standard, need yet newer equipment to run
    I have to wonder how many people have actually bought into any kind of HD setup ATM

Tags: Add Tags