1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Dual Loop Phase Cooled Lian Li By RetroGamer1990 - **UPDATE 04/02/2010 Video**

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by retrogamer1990, 22 Mar 2009.

1. retrogamer1990

retrogamer1990 What does 'Stock' Mean?

The 680i is DEFINATELY not compaitible with 45nm Quads. oh joy!

okay, new hardware options are as follows:

keep the 680i and get a good Q6 series overclocker & sell Q9550 (has sli and is blue, perfect layout, but OCing may suck)

keep the Q9550 and get a ASUS P5E64 WS EVOLUTION (no SLI, but blue and good layout, unknown OCing ability) link

Start over and get a Phenom II 955 BE and an 790FX-GD70 (blue, good layout, good OCing, but no SLI, fairly expensive) Link

Start over and get an MSI Eclipse Plus (Blue, good layout, good OCing, SLI, but and EXPENSIVE option) and an i7 920 Link

Last edited: 14 May 2009
  2. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

very nice cooling love the white tubing

3. retrogamer1990

not mine lol

4. SwiftDestiny101

SwiftDestiny101 Has a wire neatness fetish...

Goregous looking board, with its big bad ass gun metal style northbridge cooling so I think it will look very very impressive in your case.

Again a nice looking board, but theres serious cash involved if you go down this route.

I think you should stretch to one of those two though, you've got a big phase cooler keeping the thing icy cold, you want something that can really stretch its legs. On the other hand though I suppose the Q6600 gives some beefy overclocks, just its getting a bit of a grey beard now :lol:

Don't don't get the Q9550 though, my experience is that's as stable as a 3 legged chair for overclocking.

Btw AWESOME build, be an eye opener to follow a phase changer build from the word go :clap:

5. retrogamer1990

thanks for your comments swift. that MSI eclipse is perfect im trying to find a sponsor becuase I just cannot afford it otherwise :( and I want this to be a perfect build, im not cutting any corners this time!

6. SwiftDestiny101

Also I don't know how cold phase changers actually go, but if were talking minus numbers AMD's don't appear to suffer from the cold bug Intel's do, I could be giving you pointless information but your project is called "55 below" lol :S

On a complete aside, I can't read your sig, white on light grey isn't good.

7. retrogamer1990

thanks swift :)

i can easily easily read the light grey...someones monitor is out! (probably mine, i suck)

8. SwiftDestiny101

Your talking to someone seeing the world through the glorious Dell Value 24" monitor that came as a freebie with my XPS, I doub't it's you :blush:

And this is the point I stop talking, and go sit in the corner in shame :lol:

9. retrogamer1990

how can you even come on these forums with a DELL!? it had better be modded lad!

10. SwiftDestiny101

I got a similar reaction over in the CPC forums, I'm in halls of residence and I have Barclays student insurance, and there policy is they need to be able to replace my PC or laptop in the event of it being nicked, therefore they need a model number.

I rang twice on 2 days to be sure but they were having none of it, so a pre built PC it was. I am however moving to a house next year and can get normal insurance, so I plan to build an i7 rig over summer, and add W/C'ing at about christmas time, as funds permit :)

11. retrogamer1990

hi five to that!

12. retrogamer1990

[​IMG]

another design. I rather like this one. lol at my naff model of a phase unit though :D I tried some other colours, and didnt really feel it. I love blue and black, my favorites :D

also have sent emails asking for sponsorship of a motherboard to a few companies. since the two most ideal boards are made by MSI, can anyone give me some way to contact them so I can ask? cant find their email on the site.

Nick

13. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

I like that window design much better than the others. Stick with what you like; as you will be the one using it not us! How is the white going to incorporated?

14. retrogamer1990

white compressor and evaporator :)

well, i'll get it as white as i can :thumb:

15. retrogamer1990

Case Finally came :D now we can start on this proper.

anyway heres the case's box compared to the TJ07 Box, similarly sized cases really, but I think the V2100+ makes more efficient use of the availble space :)
    It also feels much much ligther than the silverstone, probably due to the fact the TJ07 uses 7mm thick Alu in some places.

[​IMG]

I was pleasantly surprised to see soundproofing on the V2100 too :D

Rear Pic

[​IMG]

I love the front door

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bit mucky, needed a clean when i got it, had some cobwebs and a spider crawled out (i tried to get a pic but it ran away lol)

[​IMG]

It seems the previous owner liked sticky pads. everywhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

luckily i had some of this close at hand :D

[​IMG]

gave it clean then proceeded to remove the annoying as hell castors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and I know i probably wont be keeping this mobo but I decided to test it out anyway :D

[​IMG]

anyway, had to go to work soon after recieving it, so nothing really done. will start on it this weekend proper. :rock:

until next time! thanks for tuning in!

16. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

Nice case! It is good that those marks came of easily. How much did you pay for it?

17. retrogamer1990

gave £175 for it which was a good deal IMO

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

If you still havent decided
    I would go for the AMD setup, especially if you are going be running a single stage aswell
    Although, are you sure it will be running at -55 when using your PC?
    If so, any details of the SS?
    Thanks

19. retrogamer1990

well the evap will get to -55 unloaded :p anyway Fifty-Five Below sounds better than Thirty-six below ;)

I think im gonna go AMD.

20. retrogamer1990

hmm so much for AMD. I found a brilliant deal on some tri-channel overclocking memory that was too good to refuse. I will get the MSI Eclipse Plus, and a D0 i7 920. Hardware List amended on first post.

I've gone overboard on a phase cooler already, why stop now? :p