1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA denies Origin hack rumours

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 31 Dec 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

My account was misused and has subsequently been blocked after I asked for a refund for a game I never play, I have to wait until tomorrow to call them to get my account back

When I realised what had happened I changed my password and setup 2-factor authentication, before they blocked my account

Just to add, my password was relatively weak, so was kind of my fault. Tantamount to leaving back door unlocked, didn't expect someone to try and misuse it.

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

OK then EA, explain how I had Fifa 15, AssCreed Unity and Far Cry 4 purchased on my account fraudulently, and was subsequently banned because whoever ended up with Fifa used it to run a coin scam.

I'd love to hear that explanation.

4. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Easy! EA's own staff did that. Makes perfect sense now.

5. Barry_White

Barry_White What's a Dremel?

That might explain why its has been flashing up saying my accounts in use on another :\

6. ArcAngeL

ArcAngeL What's a Dremel?

my account was hacked in 2012, bf3 was my game of choice at the time. although my password was a simple password at the time (why it was never mandatory when creating an origin account I don't know)...

they are probably using a brute force attack, I would say they are using the origin client to fake the auth process. If I recall the user name and password I was using was probably the same as my PSN one... so its probably stored in some hacker database some where.

it took a while to fix my account, as my serial was hard to find, and I couldn't remember the fake answers I gave to the secret questions... thankfully I was on my email of the time the password was changed, and quickly changed it back.

7. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

well I got my account unlocked again now, took about 10 mins waiting time, and another 5 or so on chat with Guarandu, or something like that, was fairly painless.

8. ch0c

ch0c What's a Dremel?

My origin account was hacked earlier this year. I got this email in russian saying my pw had been changed.

I think it was actually from when Sony got hacked a few years back, when they got the PSN l/p db. My PSN p/w was the same as my origin one WAS. (I only had an origin account to play Mass Effect 3 on PSN longtime ago)

If it wasn't that then Origin has serious security issues 'cuz I keep on top of my service p/w ish.