1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ECS adds Nonstop guarantee to Black series

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 25 May 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

Now there is a motherboard manufacturer I thought had disappeared and faded in to obscurity. Haven't touched their boards for what must be close to 10 years because of their renowned instability and overheating issues, lets hope this is for real and not just marketing.

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

If they weren't getting it right, then I doubt they'd make this claim. Otherwise they'll be losing money left, right and centre. :) Time will tell.

4. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

I have an ECS Z77 and it does NOT suck ;) They need to work on availability, but the product is good.

The best thing for daily users is that there aren't 40 billion billion obscure BIOS options.... it's fairly "fire n forget" :)

5. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

K7S5A!

6. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

Oh god, the nightmares! I had one of those. No END of troubles from it.

7. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Next DFI will be posting news of a Z77 in UV green with PWM heatpipe extending out the rear of the computer case.

8. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

I've seen ECS stuff on other sites, but do they actually sell this stuff in the UK?

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yup.

10. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

Interested to hear about the "Thor" ESD protection feature. Would this sort of thing likely become standard in time? Not that static has ever been an issue with builds, but it'd be nice to have anyway.

11. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

True, but it isn't really about ambient temperature, is it? Unless you have phase change or TEC cooling, the temperature inside your case will ALWAYS be above room temperature, so on a hot day it is not unimaginable that a high end system with barely adequate cooling, working hard, could reach case temps of 50C.

Anyway, it's a stress test - I'm unlikely to beast my computer at 100% for 72 hours straight, but it would be comforting to know that it could handle it if I did. It means whatever I do ask of it is likely to be less demanding than what it has been shown to be capable of. Take an analogy - if I go bungee jumping, I don't just want to know that the rope has been tested with something equal in mass to me - I'd like to know there's a good margin of error there too!

Tags: Add Tags