1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Engraving 101

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 10 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

Rather disgusting examples used for the acrylic there.

H.B.

3. pejcaofrito

pejcaofrito What's a Dremel?

But Jack Daniel's one is sooooo cool!

4. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

disgusting? In what way?

M7ck likes this.
  5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

too right. in fact it is making me reconsider the colour of p180 i will buy.

will probably chicken out of doing the etch myself (i'll find someone with a laser engraver most likely), but daaaaamn.

6. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Since you all seem to like the Jacked P180 its worth mentioning that its not just one side thats done its both sides and the front. The case is sold but heres a link to a gallery that shows the entire case

http://www.sweclockers.com/album/?id=478

7. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

Great article and it's great Bit is going a little bit back to it routes. Magnus is a talanted guy and it's sweet he's sharing the knowledge. Some of the stuff looks like it was lasered on. However I wouldnt be able to atempt anything in the article as my hands shake more than Pet Docherty's when he's gone cold turkey:(.

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Love the Jacked front panel. Looks gorgeous. My sister has a mirror which looks similar.

9. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

Some people aren't so keen on inverted pentagrams,
    being as they are symbols of Satanism and witchcraft.

H.B.

10. Darv

Darv Bling!!

But how is that any different to say a crucifix, star of David etc. Or is it one rule for some and one for others :confused:

Great guide though. I've done a few engraves in acrylic before, but nothing nearly as large / complicated :thumb:

11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Not any more mate, nowadays they mean "I'm a bit goth and probably like heavy metal".

Love the JD case, way more work than I'd be willing to go to though.

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Top article!

13. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

With this article I can finally tackle my Scarlett Johansson case. I still want a Heidi Klum case out of you Magnus :D Oh, nice article btw :)

14. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

Same rule for all: if you use symbolism there's a strong chance of it already having pagan roots.

H.B.

15. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Well since i am a 100% Aeteist and dont belive that there is a God or a Devil either for that matter and witchcraft falls in to the same category. The only evil in that symbol is what you put in to it. I would never choose Nazi symbols for example even if i would think that it was a beautiful symbol because it represents something real and not just folklore. But religion to me is just fairytales and no more real than Elves and hobbits so i will continue using them. Some may think that im over reacting now but ive been the target of religious nuts befor who have even told me that i would end up in hell becasue of my engravings and its getting a bit old. Keep religion out of my work plz.

16. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

Let's get back on topic and not crap on this thread.

17. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I normally don't step into these conversations, but I have to here. If you're acknowledging pretty much all come from "pagan" roots (which is largely, though not entirely true), then what's the problem? Or is this just being a whingeing PC git for the sake of it?

For those needing a history lesson, the "inverted" pentagram was simply misapplied to satanism (not even initially used by) for its frequent occurrence in 'magical' and 'occult' (read: belief in metaphysical energies not directly attributable to the Christian idea of God) literature.

If that somehow offends you, I apologize - please go burn a medieval history book for me and we'll all feel better.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

For reference, the Nazi's hijacked the swastica and associated it with their nightmare regime, yet it's still widely used in Asia because of it's thousands of years of buddist roots. It's actually a sign of protection, not Nazism.

Like you say, people associate whatever feeling they want with certain symbols (or colours, or images). There's no right or wrong unless they're used in aggression against others.

19. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

:clap: :clap: :clap:

20. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

oh my god, i agree! a Zonda of all things? GROSS!!! :p

as to the satanism, pentagrams etc... I call ********. There are many applications of the pentagram that have nothing whatsoever to do with "satanism" Case in point: My Fraternity's symbol is the Star and Crescent http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ksstarandcrescent.gif and trust me it has nothing to do with satanism.
    :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags