1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Exporting thunderbird to pst

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by dancingbear84, 17 Sep 2015.

1. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Just wondered if anyone knows or a way of doing this, I need to export mail that has been popped into thunderbird to a pst. Trouble is the export in tbird doesn't work and you can't import into outlook.
    It is made worse by the fact that there are about 100 folders to contend with within the inbox as well...

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them

2. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

It looks like all the programs to convert from Mbox to pst are shareware, so you might have to shell out.
    The other option would be to put all the emails you want into an IMAP email account, and then re-download them with Outlook. I guess it would be possible to set up a mail server locally rather than relying on an internet connection, but I realise that's a bit of a stretch.

3. Digerati

Digerati Minimodder

4. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

The export button does quite literally nothing, press it an Nada.
    I will look to do it folder by folder, but this will enable a tedious process with the massive folder and subfolder structure that they use.

The discussion today was to get them to use thunderbird for their old mail and all new will be handled with hosted exchange

5. Digerati

Digerati Minimodder

6. MarkW7

MarkW7 Total Noob

What is the email account that you're syncing with Thunderbird, the provider and what connection is it over?

7. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Resurrecting a slightly old thread, I think this is what you need.