1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows F1 2010 bug thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Nikols, 24 Sep 2010.

1. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Just thought Id start a thread cos well I can't play the fookin game!

First of all I had the preinstall issue on steam. Got home at 6 tonight and yay it was finally playable. Did free practises and qualy then tried to do a race. Car goes to pull out of the garage and.... Black screen with frozen loading symbol in the corner. Used task manager to close, rebooted and tried a few times and every time I go to start a race the same thing happens.

I turn to google where I discover that the race won't play on a 3 or 6 core machine. It's coded to run on 2, 4 or 8 cores but not on 3 or 6, WTF!!!

There are work arounds popping up on the net where you have to practically rewrite some code to get it working, like this

http://duk3r.posterous.com/f1-2010-pc-6core-cpus-and-game-crashes

I'm ready to implode!

2. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

i was always taught that hard codiing is the WORST coding. Which is ironic as it's codemasters :p

i heard about a bug on the ps3 version from a friend earlier, apparently if you pit and then people pit after you then you are forced to wait until they have left the pits before you can get underway again... imagine that in a race :p

3. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Hmmm went into the pit in 2nd place and had to watch 8 cars go by me before I could leave.... Sounds similar!

Ment to say that the link I posted above was posted up and written by a user on the codemasters forum. It works a treat, I can race again :)

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

One thing I have noticed which isn't really a bug and more a silly error - pit lane speed limit on Fridays is the same as the rest of the weekend (100kph) instead (I thought) of being 70 or 80kph.

5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

No bugs here, except for my driving. I've got the difficulty wacked up to expert (but I've put the racing line indicator back on), I'm getting there... but I'm still hopeless. :)

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

You ain't the only one, hopeless is becoming my middle name in this at the moment! :D

7. 13en

13en Minimodder

Less of a bug, more of a dev oversight: so far, none of the post race interview options have included the phrase 'for sure'. Maybe it'll be in a DLC, but it just doesn't feel like F1 without it.

8. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

LOL. So true. Was thinking they said this SO MUCH recently. Namely Massa.

9. Pieface

Pieface Modder

My save game corrupted and I lost a career. Happening to a few people as well.

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

With regards to the 3/6 core bug.

Is it not possible, to change the 'core affinity' in task manager.
    So load the game up, and then before doing anything, change the core affinity to 2 cores.

Not got the game, but just thought it might be another solution.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's basically what happened to me in the first race I tried, a 32 second pit stop :/

I think this whole game is bugged - I mean, it keeps making me spin and I can't win. It's obviously not me as I'm awesome at driving :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried:

12. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

I was a wuss n set it to hard for the first race. I qualified second and ended up 6th thanks to stoppin in the mcdonalds drive through pitstop. I've switched the setting to expert now cos listening to u lot I feel like a cheat.

I think jacques villeneuve has the phrase "for sure" patented and that's why it's not included. Codies weren't willing to pay the royalties and put one of his songs in the game!

13. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Glad I saw this thread. I shall wait for fixes before I buy.

14. Hypnosam

Hypnosam Minimodder

For the pitstops, just pit on a different lap to the reccomended lap. So go one longer than the AI, and you won't face this problem. Also, races longer than 20% don't suffer as much with this.

15. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Mines just installed from steam, ive had a quick blast. Is it just me or are the controls hideously unresponsive? Im using a 360 pad because i cant be bothered to setup my G25 yet.

The steering seems really twitchy on the straights but really lags through the corners!

Tbh i havent played much just a few practice sessions but from what ive played so far its crap compared to the f1 2010 mods i use in rFactor, and the graphics arent really much better. Ill reserve a full judgement till ive played some more, but im not getting my hopes up.

16. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Give it time it will gell. Get all ur braking done when ur wheels are straight and the steering is there. If ur going fast or still braking at the corner it feels very sluggish. V different to dirt 2. It's great cos you can really string corners together in that if the first corner of a technical section goes well the steering is perfect and feels fluid through the rest of the corners if not it can feel all wrong. Really noticed this to be the case in the tech section of Bahrain. I'm using a 360 pad too, am considering a g27 so will be interested to know how it plays with ur g25

Last edited: 26 Sep 2010
  17. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Here's my set of bugs that annoy:

Pitstop bug
    No front wing adjustment
    No f-ducts
    Over-sensitive penalties
    If you pit early/late, the pit guy tells you to pit again.

Non-bugs, but annoyances
    Pitlane automated driving. horrid! - Let me drive in my driving game.
    3-stage quali is missing? (altho you may get this if you do the 'full' weekend rather than shorter one)
    Seemingly semi-enabled Traction Control, even when its supposidly disabled.

Other rthan that, the game is fun. It's no sim, but it is entertaining.

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Try doing a full weekend for your 3rd quali session, it does tell you the quali is shortened.

TCS is in the driving aids menu, just like the guide-line etc.

Can't you adjust the front wing in-game? It seems to be mentioned often enough.

19. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I honestly excepted trail braking to be awesome in the game, but you simply cannot do it :(

20. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Im going to get it all out later so i shall report how i get on later tonight, im fairly positive itll be significantly better than using a pad.

I think maybe i was expecting a little too much from it on my first play.