1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Factorio - anyone playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by obaidbd, 6 Sep 2018.

1. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Had my eye on this game since last 4-5 months then after trying the demo last week i finally purchased it this week and holly molly !! This game is a lot more addictive than i thought initially and the base i need to create to lunch the rocket (End game) is MASSIVE !!

Anyway, wondering if anyone else playing, please share your tips and tricks for beginner like me and show some of your production layout :)

NB : To give an idea how noob I am, I haven't start producing green since pack yet

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Not played this recently nor would I say I'm good at it. Normally I play with mods, but even in vanilla IIRC you're going to need a lot more room than you probably think you do in order to do everything. The amount of times I've played and ended up getting to the point of "oh we need to redesign base". Instead we just carry on with the intention of creating a new super awesome base at some point soon (aka never!)

3. ADJ93

ADJ93 What's a Dremel?

Never played it!

4. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

76 hours so far and still going .... and haven't launch the rocket yet :)

5. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

818 hours in. I can't play anymore, been there, modded that. Good game, buy it if you enjoy... complexity?

6. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Got something like 113 hours on the current play-through which I'm doing with a friend; last time I played was solo like 2 years ago - it's nice to see that despite the game coming along in development terms, it's still the same old lovable Factorio at heart. It's kinda making me wanna revisit prison architect when I finally get bored of optimising "the machine".

Even if you're generally against modding the warehousing mod is a must, otherwise the game becomes incredibly frustrating with tiny storage chests impeding progress at every turn!

7. Mopsi

Mopsi What's a Dremel?

Not yet playing, maybe in a sale I will have a look at it.

8. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

my first Rocket Silo :)

rocket silo (2).jpg

9. yupson

yupson What's a Dremel?

Never played it but I have heard about it. Will play this soon!