1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

And the thread goes deathly silent for the next 1-2 weeks.

Personally, I'll wait on the Steam Summer sale as that will (probably) be when the first noticeable price drop comes in.

2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Got woken up early by my son, so got an hour in this morning.

Spoilers:
    Getting stuck in a terminal and cant move ----- tick
    watching nuke explode and seeing the "wave" moving towards you ----- tick
    getting out of vault ----- tick

Overall graphics look good using 4690k and 970 and the suggested settings and latest (last night) Nvidia drivers. Hitting my monitor 144 fps limit, so graphically not that worried and it looks decent.

Bugs were annoying but I try to (manually) save frequently in Fallout so no big deal.

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Lol I've got it all downloaded ready but I've so much to do it's going to be a while before playing :waah:

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

OK been playing for around 2.5 hours now.

I won't drop any spoilers but so far I have the game set to Ultra @ 4k with God Rays on low and it's running beautifully.

Good things : The new mapping system (makes it far easier to find what you're looking for) better Pip Boy and they have used the companion XP thing from New Vegas. At times, like Fallout 3, it's beautiful.

Bad things : Already had a character stuck in the ceiling (though it caused no other ills and he became unstuck OK) at times the graphics look the same as Fallout 3. IMO the characters don't really look that much better.

But no crashes and although I have not monitored the FPS it is playing along perfectly well with no slowdowns (not even during a 5 Raider 1 Deathclaw battle) and all seems well. Of course I'm not using any AA at 4k but this game does seem like it could do with it (I will tinker later and see what works best).

But overall? I'm home. It actually feels like I am home. I just did some poking around in a camp and got this lovely warm feeling :)

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Don't forget to pause and go pee every now and again... ;)

I think I may have to finish an hour early tonight so that I can miss most of the traffic and get back home sharpish :worried:

6. veato

veato I should be working

Got parents evening straight from work. That's not important. I can skip that right?

Right?

7. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Depends what part you have to play.
    Teacher.
    Parent.
    Child.

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

What is your spec?

9. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

So I got my Pip boy edition earlier, turns out the game only comes with 1 disc, containing ~5GB of the game. Consequently I'm having to download about 20GB off steam, which will take about 11-12 hours ...

The benefit of buying the physical version over a digital copy is completely negated if you still have to download most of the game on your crappy home internet.

10. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I'm pretty sure my steam download was only 20 gig.

11. Vault-Tec

5820k currently stock
    16gb ram
    Fury X

It did get a bit stuttery earlier in the Corvega factory but nothing too bad.

12. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Isn't God Rays a Lameworks thing? Wouldn't you be better just turning it off completely and bumping up the AA a bit? Might make it run better and look nicer overall.

13. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Been a while since i've found a game I want to do a proper let's play on, FO4 ticks all my boxes - casual enough that things fall into a logical 30 minute pattern, and I can pick it up whenever I'm able knowing i can get a good 30m play session what with my busy life.

Graphics aren't "top notch" but they fit, game play is fluid apart from getting stuck in terminals and cursor locking on the dog.

Loving it so far!

14. Vault-Tec

Yeah it's Failworks. Not tried disabling it yet but will in a bit. Just taking a break, I've already put in 4.5 hours :D

It could do with some AA yeah. Near on every game I've played at 4k so far didn't, but FO4 does look pretty rough.

Any idea what the lowest impact version of AA is on AMD?

15. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I turned godrays to low and I didn't notice any inherent difference, improved my FPS by a couple of points though.

I love this game but the gameworks crap spoils it a little bit...but not too much.

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I play all three in our household so I'm still none the wiser...

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

went into the store at midnight and my pre order wasn't there

****ing aweful company

18. Vault-Tec

Well DPD just came with my Pip Boy. I don't think I will use it just yet though.

I like the Steelbook the game is in too, nice touch.

HQ - I didn't think you could collect it in store?

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I get paid Friday, but my brain is telling me not to pay £30-40 for a game that will cost half that in 6 months. My heart however is pining for this like a homesick puppy. Which will win? Have to wait and see..

20. Vault-Tec

So far it's been fantastic. The hours have literally flown by. The only one complaint I have is that it's really hard to find the modules that power the power armor. So for the most part I've been going in naked and it's starting to get really hard now.

As for bugs? tbh I've had like one or two very very minor things happen like the camera going funny. No crashes at all though.