1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fatworld game released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Jan 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

So, the answer to making people lose fat is to play a video game that simulates it for them?
    Haha, people are going to sit down and play this game, which means they only work-out and diet virtually, instead of actually doing it in real life...
    They'll become even more fat playing this game. o_O
    It makes no sense.

3. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

This is just so stupid that i cant even figure out what to say........

4. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Yeah, I prefer the idea of that pedal-powered Playstation thing, or the "bike simulator" where the scenery changes on-screen as you pedal on your exercise bike, giving you new things to look at.

And before some smartarse says "why not jump on a REAL bike and check out REAL scenery" you might want to look out the window - cold, wet and dark in Blighty at this time of year :(

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

its all good if it opens peoples eyes......

6. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

But if they have really fat face's the wont be able to!

7. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Maybe they will release a computer game about the dangers of RSI. Makes about as much sense doesn't it.:wallbash:

8. knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy Professional Winner

You know what's a damned good work-out, assuming your a twit like me that prances about like a jackass? Rockband. My bloody roomies picked up the device Saturday morning, and we've all put in just over 16 hours right now. Now, at the risk of sounding like a twit, I'm clearly not sitting on the lounge and playing the ******* thing, I'm, like I said, jumping around like an idiot playing bass. Fun! :D

9. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I think this game is aimed at younger gamers. and there is nothing wrong with trying to teach them the effects of getting fat. Most kids are smart enough to figure out that the game is trying to tell them that they need to eat better and exercise more to stay healthy.

Its like having a health show on tv, you dont get any exercise watching it but you can learn how to live better and then go and do it.
    I think a company should be congradulated for trying to teach people how to live better. maybe in the next version they can show the effects of smoking.

10. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

Is Fatworld on Steam? Saves me from getting up and going to the store...

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

EPIC WIN! HAVE YOURSELF AN INTERNETS, SIR!

12. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

what do you mean at this time of year its ALWAYS COLD, WET AND DARK AND DAMP in the Uk

13. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

@Ryu, look out you window now. See grey and wet and cold. Well at least it is in Cov at the time of writing.

Has anyone actually played this poor excuse for a game? I mean whilst my system isn't raw bleeding edge this thing runs incredibly poorly. It also runs at 800x600 with no obvious way of changing the settings. The only "options" you get are to alter the music and sfx levels in game. There is no fun and character customisation feels very restricted. Where are the brown eyes, or even blue? Why cant I have a properly black character? Why dear god did I waste half an hour of my life attempting to play this laggy un-responsive POS! I have more fun playing ET:QW with a 300 ping.

EDIT: I take back my blue eyes comment, apparently they are possible but only randomly, but still no brown....

Tags: Add Tags