1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Firefox coming to your mobile

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. voidboid

voidboid Just some bloke

Minimo was so clunky, slow and quite buggy on my WM6 phone... if the new browser addresses these issues I'll be happy. Pocket IE is terrible (but works quite reliably), which leaves Opera as the only viable alternative...

3. riggs

riggs ^_^

Meh...great if you've got a fast PDA style phone, but for the time being I'll stick with Opera Mobile - runs fine on a SE K800i.

4. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Could be something there doing with google for there own phone OS as posted the other day on here

5. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

wonder if they're going to just go with a normal type browser or one of the zoomy ones like safari on the iphone and the Deepfish browser MS are working on

6. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Deepfish hasn't been updated for yonks...either MS are prepping a new IE for WM7 when it comes out next year or they've dropped the project completely. Opera Mobile is a pretty decent browser, it just requires me to go to the Midlets group first before opening it, making it a lot more hassle to get to.

<A88>

7. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Boy is there a need for a decent mobile browser, I doubt this generation of 'smartphones' will see one though (although safari on the iphone looks good apart from having no flash support)

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

sweet, I love firefox

9. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

One thing needs verifying here:

does it need a device with 64mb ram or actually need 64 mb ram?
    i'm 90% sure it's the former, which would count for pretty much every current device :)

As a very heavy user of web-browsing on PDAs i'm looking forward to this...

In my personal opinion for current WM devices:
    IE: fastest, but by far the most feature-bare browser (you want to do such things as 'save file/link as'? pfft! no chance)
    Minimo: technically better, as it renders pages much better than IE but 4x as slow and takes insane amounts of RAM (about 40% of the available on my MDA)
    opera: for some reason has never worked on any of my PDAs o_O

Tags: Add Tags