1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling First time watercooling, AIO suggestions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hateorade, 16 Dec 2015.

1. Hateorade

Hateorade A glass a day keeps the doctor away

Hey everyone,

I've been out of the loop for quite some time and i'm looking to convert my current air cooled system to water cooling, mostly for quietness and because I want to clean up the cabling a bit.

I'm a complete novice to water cooling. Can you recommend an All in One kit that would perform well with my systems?

Case - Antec 900
    Video Card - x2 GIGABYTE GV-N780GHZ-3GD G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 780
    CPU - Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1150

Also, is it even pertinent to have watercooling on video cards if I dont plan on SUPER overclocking, just some light casual overclocking?

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Out of the loop..... Bahahaha. Great Start.

You won't get an all in one kit that will allow you to cool all of your GPUs. I mean, you could use something like the EK predator, or the Fractal AIOs that allow you to add extra components, but you'd still need waterblocks for the GPUs which you'd be hard pressed to find.

Basically, its not worth you watercooling your GPUs. However, you could get something like the H100 which is a bargain at £44.99 refurbished. If the Antec 900 doesn't have a 240mm mount something like the TD03 would be fine.

3. Hateorade

Hateorade A glass a day keeps the doctor away

I knew someone would appreciate that ;)

Thank you! I was looking at the H100. So, if I get that, that's all i need correct? I assume the pump is part of the reservoir?

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

There is no reservoir - the pump is built into the the CPU block, and yes, that is literally all you need. As I said, just make sure the 900 has a place to mount it.

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

So the 900 is an awful case. I used to have one. Realistically you can only get an all in one with a 120 rad in it. I don't think that is going to get you much over a standard air cooler.

The gpus are going to be the hottest and noisiest components under load. So they are the two components that would benefit most from being watercooled. However you would need a custom loop to cool them. To fit a custom loop inside the case would require some modding. I've seen some people mount a 360 rad outside the case on the back.

I doubt an all in one cpu cooler is going to have much effect on system noise when running sli

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You can get a H100 in there apparently - clicky

However, I don't see much point from a noise standpoint - as mentioned.

CPU and 2 GPUs means full loop or not at all.