1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Forza 2 demo on Live

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BioSniper, 10 May 2007.

1. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

We can do that in about 30 minutes.

I shall do a collect from store at PC World since it's only £29.99.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

That's Friday night sorted then.

I may try and get Gamestation to price match

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Im gonna be different and get DirT

4. Jamie

PC World shuts at 8pm so I'll speed it down there after work.

The demo seemed ok, let us know what the full game is like ;)

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't think places like Gamestation could PC World, Tesco, etc. as games retailers so don't match those prices. Worth a shot though.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Bought myself a new toy ^^

[​IMG]

7. Jamie

How does the currency work in Forza for buying/upgrading? Do you get prize money for winning racing / taking part?

8. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Yes - you get money for winning. Just like GT4, you can then use that cash to upgrade your car or buy other cars.

Like I said before, I've only completed a couple of races, but I've amassed about 4K credits. It also says that I'm about 400 away from the next 'level'.

Is this like levelling up in an RPG? Can I multiclass? Racing Driver / Sorcerer sounds cool... ;)

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You get a certain amount of credits for winning a race, obviously the longer the race, the more you get. You also get a bonus amount of dosh from race winnings depending on what difficulty your on (very easy to change, hardest difficulty with everything off gives you 50% extra) and you also get a bit more money depending on the rarity of your car (rarity is effected by car level, it's base rarity, and the more upgrades you put on it, the rarer it is).

You have cups that are split into several races (except endurance cups that only have one endurance race in each one), earlier ones usually have three races each, and you can do these in any order. In later races, you get more races, and it's also done in a league style, so you start from race 1, and get points depending on your position.

When you win a cup (get all golds, or win the league if it's a league style cup) you get more money (depending on how many races there are, more races mean more money). It's usually around 150% of the winnings of one race, you also get a car for winning a cup. This money (and the car) you can only win the first time you do the cup (might be able to keep winning money with league cups, but not sure about that).

Also, you and each of your cars have a level, your level goes up by winning money (money won from completing a cup doesn't count to this), as your level goes up, you unlock new races, get discounts, sometimes get a free car, and also unlocks new cars you can buy. Your car's level maxes out at 5, every level your car goes up, you get a discount on a certain upgrade. Each car from the same manufacturer gets the same discounts at each level (e.g. Porches get discounts on weight reduction when you get them to level 3 (pulled out of my ass as an example)). These stack however, so if you get 5 porches up to level 5, you get 50% off certain upgrades. These discounts usually apply to cars other than the manufacturer you leveled up, for instance, you can get a discount on tire compounds, that apply to every car you can use. Sometimes it's something like flywheel upgrades by Mugen, that can only be applied to cars that upgrade with mugen flywheels.

EDIT: Oh yeah, one good thing this has over GT, is you can go halfway through a league and go off and to some other races if you feel like it, it'll save your progress through it, and when you go back to it, you can either start again, or carry on.

10. Jamie

Sounds good, what is the online like when it comes to picking car? Do you have to have played and tuned up your car to be able to win or is there a 'party' mode where you can pick anything?

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think you can either pick from your own garage of tuned up cars, or you can pick from the arcade list of cars.

12. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Yep, depending on what the server has set you can choose from your own or from the available cars.
    The server can also restrict to class etc.

I however am trying to do the Flyweight races and all of the cars for that class suck horribly, they just slide all over the place.
    *mumbles something about mid engine RWD crap*

13. Jamie

How's the Carrera2S? If MR cars slide that's gotta be pretty crazy.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

The Lotus Elise handle pretty well, it depends on the car really, some slide, some don't so much. Thats the problem with RWD cars.

15. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I decided to hit my car...

[​IMG]

16. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Trouble is Veles, I've tried the elise, VX200, and Exige and they all decide to throw me out the corner if I do anything more than 10mph, that and even though I've left the AI on the same difficulty (Medium) they suddenly have become very VERY hard for no given reason.

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Try putting some new boots on it, I found the Elise quite nippy without having to do anything to it.

Although if I remember right, the course for the lightweight challenge is a bit of an ass. It's good at the >150 BHP cup.

If you're having trouble just drop it down to easy AI, you only lose 5%, it's hardly anything on those races. I think I'm currently on easy now (was on hard for ages, then had to drop to medium cos it got pretty difficult, I dropped it to easy to do the dodge cup since the Hennessy Viper was raping my R4 Viper but I haven't bothered to put it back up).

18. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

My ratlook Mk 2 Golf pushing 400bhp, with the aim of getting an R32 lump for some proper mad powaaaah. Proper dish on them wheels.

[​IMG]

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I guess it's X360 only ?

If I had a GranTurismo-like game on PC I wouldn't sleep anymore, EVER

20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yep 360 only

Tags: