1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 1

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 23 Aug 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lchyi

lchyi What's a Dremel?

Hrmm, has this thread been /.ed yet? Or are we just talking about the possibility? I think if bit-tech has the bw to host, I don't see a problem in getting as many people to see this WORK OF ART as possible. G-Gnome has obviously spent a tremendous amount of time and I think he deserves to get /.ed hehe. Get this man on the air! *resumes biting nails for update*

:rock: ---> G-gnome

2. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Whoah, finally able to get on the forums! My little aussie 56k can't deal with the lag - so I am posting from work (we have broadband - well ISDN anyhow).

*(Twilight Zone music) ... doo, dee, doo doo ...*

The server went down about 5-10 min after I had finished editing my posts to the new pic url at BiT-Tech, I had, in fact gone back to the first post to edit a bit of text then the world went blank! Coincidence...??? :worried: Perhaps I shouldn't have sent that email to Kyle at [H]ardocp saying 'My pics are back up now, bring it ON!' (seriously, I did :D ).

I'll try for an update as soon as I can (be the weekend at the latest) - hopefully I will be able to get back on the forums when I do! I had to click a direct link from the Madonion forums as the project logs page wouldn't load!

After the drama of the pics going down I can now get back to modding. I'll update when I can *fends off the slavering hordes baying for updates/blood/pics* but I will not comprimise the quality of work by doing a rush-job, so please be patient :D

Yes Mister_tad, it is fun sitting there clicking refresh!:hehe:

Thanks for the kind words all. I'll keep checking the thread but I'll be needing to do some modding ASAP *hangs up the 'Do Not Disturb' sign*

One last thing(s). The two reservoirs do look cool (my prime motivation to using) but they also increase the amount of water in the system which is good for cooling and they happened to be the right size to fit in probably the only free space inside the case. (I still got a full compliment of PCI cards, 4 HDD and a eheim 1250, Fan, Rad etc to fit in).

Hi GOO! Is there any other kind...? I am a big B7, Doc Who, HitchHikers GTTG, Space 1999, Tomorrow People etc fan.

I want to keep my non update posts to a minimum as I'm sure everytime I post people will stop by to see if it's an update. How about: When I post a proper update with pics I'll ammend the title of the thread with the word 'Update' and the date I posted it?

Hi ho, hi ho .... it's off to work I go.:sigh:

Cheers!

3. Sid

Sid Banned

Stumbled accross this by chance. I don't really go into this forum much. This has to be probably the best mod I've ever seen. Very stylish and original. Outstanding attention to detail. Oozes with class. ...And it's not even finished.

Fantastic clean chrome with that highlighting green. The shower-hose things are great.

Looking forward to updates and seeing how you'll accomplish making the components fit into the overall look of the case.

4. skywalker107

skywalker107 What's a Dremel?

G-gnome,

Kick A** Modding Skills. Once this is Completed you will rank with the Bit-Tech Mod Gods.

But with Great Power comes Great Responsibility. You need to start thinking now about you next mod. To become the best you must work like the great ZAP and have 1000 different projects going at once.

And on the /. subject you don'thave to worry because the Editors over there are just ANA* enough to be good and wait till your done before they link it. Once it's complete take cover because in military lingo "INCOMING".

Keep it coming though 6 pages of Compliments means 0 pages of mods.

5. Izdawiz

Izdawiz What's a Dremel?

Sweet mother of good. This is the best looking mod i've seen. How long have you been working on it?

6. Ara-Loki

Ara-Loki What's a Dremel?

I came over from SharkyForums.com and have been drooling over this thread all day, but finally registered so I could add my praise to everyone else's. This project is absolutely stunning. Like many others who've commented, I'm not particularly fond of clear cases, but the work you've put into making this one unique is simply amazing. The cables, jacks, and the chrome scheme all look fantastic. I'd have chosen blue/purple lighting rather than green, but to each his own. :hip:

Now... when you start mass-producing these cases, how much will one set me back? :naughty:

7. MarcelloRupelli

MarcelloRupelli What's a Dremel?

You said Tomorrow People! *bows down* That was my favorite show when we first got Nickelodeon in about 81 or 82. Then came Danger Mouse and that still cracks me up :lol:

ANYWAY, I LOVE the project :thumb: Easily the best clear case every. Looking forward to the next update :D

8. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

This is the best Casemod I've seen sofar. Can't wait for the endresult. For now I'm going te read the entire topic (printed 188 pages, a lot but worth it :rock: :rock: )

9. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

188 pages - ouch. why not read it on the screen saver you self a couple of forests... :D

Anyone ever printed out one of Zapwizards logs? What's that 50 pages, 4 times as long as this one at the moment...

10. Dr_kazza

Dr_kazza What's a Dremel?

I'd all but given up posting on Bit tech... VERY VERY unhealthy for the wallet, but when something like this comes along you can't do anything but come on and give praise.

/me bows down.

FANTASTIC mod... may I ask tho......

how much so far?

(in small so your missus won't see ;) )

11. penski

penski BodMod

Some VERY beautiful photos, dude.

A few remind me of the desktop photo one of the admins had ( Kna or Cheese methinks) of a laptop bag - brilliant use of focus.

I love how the detail pics seem to have a blue tint to them :)

Great modding, sah.

*n (paying attention to mods for a change)

12. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Hmm, yeah I remember those.

I had fun today, some of the other techs wouldn't believe it was a computer!

13. Bendill

Bendill What's a Dremel?

w00t! I'm not the only one in love with vintage Sci-Fi?!

Grats, man, grats... you are truly the king of plexi! :D

14. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

I really like the way this is going, and Glad to see you use Man's best friend... The ghetto mod tool of champions (although nicely covered in the end).... DUCT TAPE

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

15. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Excellent excellent work G-gnome :D

I don't really understand these things but I'm led to believe the problems we've been experiencing with the forum are database related (apparently VBB doesn't handle lots of users very well) and nothing to do with bandwidth :) Hopefully a little tinkering from moose/rtt will stop the problems from recurring...

Rob.

16. AsEeL

AsEeL What's a Dremel?

Are you human :worried:
    I have never seen in my life something GODLIKE like this.
    You have given the word "casemodding" a new dimension :jawdrop:

I just can't express all the feelings I have.
    It's is just to great 2 be true :eeek:

This must be made by photoshop :lol:
    Are you an alien from a far advanced planet :worried:

Well, after all my reading and looking I have posted this case on a belgian modding site
    (i'm a newsposter)
    www.crazymodders.be

I do have a few questions.

This case is SO beautifull , I wonder how you wil keep it as kleen as possible? Dust is a big problem in acryl cases.

PS, sry for my bad english

AGAIN: This Is GODLIKE.
    You must be touched by the Man's hand

17. Sid

Sid Banned

Stealing bit's bandwidth I see :nono:

You could have at least picked one of the better modded pics as well if you were going to steal :D

18. AsEeL

AsEeL What's a Dremel?

Less talking, more reading :blah:

I posted tha pic, so it was a bigger surprise for people when they would look @ his modding work[/B][/QUOTE]

19. Sid

Sid Banned

Just 'cause bit has plenty, doesn't mean it's ok to steal. It would have been at least polite to ask, anyway, let's not fill this thread up with posts like this.

20. AsEeL

AsEeL What's a Dremel?

Well, I'm sry... Just wanted to show the belgian casemodcommunity this awsome work.

What do you mean with stealing bandwhith?
    I'm new @ posting news?
    Pls explain so i could learn :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.