1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 1

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 23 Aug 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Tact

No Tact means No Account

Bow to modder messiah!!!

2. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

I got to know about this project when the forums went down and saw the link by RTT/moose (thanks guys!) and simply, what can I say? WOW. You case is in perfect harmony among other things. The way the acrylic, chrome and green neon blend along with the showerhose tubing ( :clap: ) and oohhhh, simply I've been thinkin about the case all night long and the first thing that came to my mind was your case mod when I woke up.

I simply can't wait for more updates, as I have a lot of questions as to how you are going to stick with the theme (stealthing/plating the mainboard.... heck cover it in a sheet of chome, box it if you like an have the tubes go into it....) but I CANT WAIT!!!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

This is the mod of the year and blows away the competition 10 fold!

3. 1398342003

1398342003 Ubermodder

Heh... I was thinking this would be some random member's rack mount comp. I thought it would be a nice change from standard desktops. I open the thread and I see a clear case. I was about to click the close button when I saw the crome. :jawdrop: I then spent the better part of two hours just looking at the pics and some text. (56K)

What are you going to do with the monitor/mouse/kb/ect cables?

4. Joel

Joel What's a Dremel?

Well done mate, 110% genius... given me some good ideas....

Got to be one of the best quality mods around

5. penski

penski BodMod

Can you get SATA optical drives?

*n

6. Darkside

Darkside What's a Dremel?

No SATA optical drives yet..... maybe it's possible to use those adapter things so you can use a regular IDE drive on a SATA channel ??

***Eagerly awaiting next update***

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Darkside.

7. ricjax99

ricjax99 What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :eeek: :eeek: :hip:

/speechless

8. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

You can indeed, as long as you use the version 2 ones :)

9. [[ZarK]]

[[ZarK]] What's a Dremel?

hohohoho nice i know that the speed is the same but i think that its useless :nono: lets see his idea:rock:

10. Menthor

Menthor What's a Dremel?

very nice what you have done here and too bad that you have so slow connection :( waiting for updates ;)

11. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Hey, G-Gnome, Give us your paypal addy so we can send you money to buy broadband!!!

12. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

G-gnome and Broadband

:D The frequency of any updates will be solely determined by how much modding I get done and how much time I have to write up the log not by my 56k. I can't get ADSL/DSL or cable where I live (plus I think we have a pair-gain phone line so no chance anyway) so my only BB option is satellite - too expensive for 2-way and 1-way is still slow uploading (and expensive to boot). I think someone is trying to establish wireless broadband in my area though, so I'll check that out.

I should have an update on the weekend (as I write this I am drilling, filing, soldering etc with the BiT-Tech on my comp going in the background). What I am working on seems to be turning out pretty cool (well, at least I think so :naughty: ).

Believe me, if I could get ADSL or Cable I would have it (I am such a Net junkie!) so it's not a question of money, just availability.:sigh:

Cheers! Thanks for the nice feedback too :) I have to say, the response to my project have been overwhelming and humbling. I have already changed a couple of ideas I had for things later in the project due to the seeming level of anticipation as to what the completed mod will look like - I have lifted my game, so to speak.

Back to Modding ... :dremel:

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Dude, lift your game any higher and you'll be in geostationary orbit (well, solves the satellite broadband problem anyway)! :D

You've forced me to uprate my plans... gotta try and keep up somehow! :naughty:

14. shankstheman

shankstheman What's a Dremel?

Just read the project log , although disappointed :miffed: that I can't see all the pictures, all I can say is..

That's one hell of a first attempt ! :thumb:

15. Carbon

Carbon Banned

:eeek: Wow, i know its been said alot in this thread but jesus. It's taken me about a week to read this thread and actually take in all thats going on.

It's a true work of art mate, Leonardo Who? :naughty:

i think ill go back to the start and look at all the pictures again :D

Carbon

16. Darkside

Darkside What's a Dremel?

All the best with it, Very cool projects, both of them.

Darkside

/feeling slightly inadequate :waah:

17. Tim S

Tim S OG

great case mod, I can't wait to see the finished article... it just looks so clean and professional :)

18. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

The shock of Orac is starting to settle in. I felt joy, sadness and shame at the same time. You have simply taken very basic principles and turned a simple acrylic case into something of amazing beauty and grace. I never knew that chrome and neon green plexi looked SO good!....

I think we are going to see alot of spawn off, acrylic-crome cases now...because all this time with acrylic cases you just see through them, nothing inside to actually marvel at. You gave us chrome, and boy it does look amazing. I can sit for hours here just reading your 25page project log over and over again ( :hehe: )

I'm thinking of making a new box my self, and use some ideas you and nexxo have formulated and some of mine of course, but I doubt even ever comming close. Props to you all the way, keep it up and can't wait for updates, simply dying here! If you need any hosting space I can offer (free ofcourse) orac.bsodmike.com for your use, over 100Megs if you need!

Mike

19. monolith

monolith True Friend

Hopefully server problems should be sorted now, just got up close and personal with the box. ;) Great mod, keep up the good work!

Cheers,
    David

20. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

100,000 views is that a record? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.