1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's WMD - Part 1 CLOSED

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 29 Nov 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetsugaku-San

Tetsugaku-San What's a Dremel?

stagering - all that effort and the pages only display properly on 1600X1200 . . . . . . . . . . . .

2. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

G-gnome, again impressive stuff !! I'm really looking forward to part2.

3. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

G-gnome, you have GOT to get one of those USB numeric keypads for this thing :rock:

4. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

Well, I admire both your's and Gnome's projects. So, that got me thinking of a way to 'merge' the points I like. (not original, but I have been planning a cube for awhile, Gnome's project has helped me decided metal is worth the extra work. I am thinking of making a cube, and I like the steel affect.. (but then again, I would like stainless steel, I come from the worlds most famous stainless steel city :hehe: - no points for guessing which)

Unfortunately as you mentioned, stainless is a pain in the arse to work with, so I am thinking of my Alu3 (Alu cubed, as thats what the 3 stands for in mathematics.. - also no points for guessing shape + material :rolleyes:)

Last edited: 30 Nov 2004
  5. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Beautiful.

6. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Yeah, I can understand that. :D And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't like the pics - just I have a thing about wretched curvy lines. :lol: God knows how long I've spent in PS straightening them out. :sigh:

I had noticed how your shots were all done with exterior light sources though (ie; not from the camera) and appreciated that, look great. :thumb:

7. kergareth

kergareth What's a Dremel?

Me Likes!!!
    :jawdrop:
    :clap:

8. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I've got something even cooler lined up for a keypad... :cooldude:

9. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Ill hold you to that :D

10. rowpie

rowpie What's a Dremel?

from what i understand the definition of a case mod is to take a case and change it, modify it in some way. you have now delved into the area of case creation. ive seen things win art prizes that look less appealing.

Can't wait to see how the inside looks once its full.

out of curiosity how did you find some of your sponsers? so many uk companies with you being in the land down under and all. im only asking as ive got some mates who work at Kustom PC's so i was kinda surprised when i saw them mentioned.

If people like thermaltake, antec and chieftech were to hire you to design cases we could only be so lucky.....

11. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Looks amazing man. I wouldn't have made a round case, but the tale4nt and worksmanship here is thorugh the roof.

God help us if you ever made a real bomb. We'd all be to busy staring at it going "OoOoOoooh pretty!" to defuse the thing and it'd blow us all up!

12. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Hi rowpie, thanks for the feedback. :)

With the sponsors I simply went with companies who had great products and service, and stocked the specific things I wanted for the project, regardless of where they were in the world. Kustom PC's was great because they stock such a wide range of products, and it's always a bonus being able to get everything you need in the one place. Modding for bit-tech, being a UK-based site, tended to give things a northern hemisphere focus also. I was fortunate to have been able to put together a 'dream' SFF system on paper, and have every manufacturer of every component I had listed support the project 100%! :eeek: You'll have to forgive me if I get a bit effusive in my praise of these guys, their support has been top-notch, and really does make it possible for me to do a lot of things with the modding I wouldn't otherwise be able to do.

I'll do my best not to disappoint...;) :dremel:

13. greywolf

greywolf What's a Dremel?

What a great concept, neatly executed. I realize you took 3 weeks off and worked months of weekends, but I'm still amazed you found the time to get as far as you have. Mrs G-Gnome must be VERY understanding!

How about keyswitches? You've mentioned keypads, but a nice 1950's era "missle silo" keyswitch wouldn't be out of place on a WMD.

Keep amazing us!

14. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Keyswitches mentioned on page-1 (where I talk about wanting 'not just any old WMD') ;)

15. greywolf

greywolf What's a Dremel?

Woo, missed that. Enjoy your writing style a double whamy...awesome project, presented in a enjoyable and entertaining manner. Can't wait to see how the keyswitches will be incorporated!

16. Alwayz Dead

Alwayz Dead What's a Dremel?

I new I was in for a treat when I clicked the link but what loaded on my screen ..................................well, I gotta go get some tissues.

Totaly awestruck

You are THE man! :rock: :clap: :jawdrop:

17. Rexxie

Rexxie What's a Dremel?

Good God, that is absolutely amazing. Stunning. :thumb:

:jawdrop:

18. quentec

quentec What's a Dremel?

That's my first post, so hello everybody :D
    This project is amazing and i can't (also) wait for the second part :D

I don;t know what will happening when G-Gnome will start new project, he will become a god of modders or something lol

P.S. sorry for my english :blush:

19. AsEeL

AsEeL What's a Dremel?

Man you just did some godlike work with all that steal!!!
    I have to admit i thought that was a real nuclear bombshell you used :D

Awsome work :rock:

20. aCe2k

aCe2k What's a Dremel?

like OMG!!! :jawdrop:

:thumb: :clap: :rock:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.