1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gainward Unveil CoolFX

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 6 Aug 2003.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. underthebridge

underthebridge What's a Dremel?

well I can tell you right now, if the card comes with a watercooling kit and a friggin sound card :nono: , I will NOT be getting it.

Gainward need to understand that barely anyone is willing to spend an arm and a leg ($680 I hear) for just for a video card.

Now if you sold the card SEPARATELY from the WC kit and sound card (and lowered the price substantially of course), then I might consider it.

I'm sorry, but I really detest this golden sample, "everything in the box" idea.

Good luck gainward :hehe:

3. Deth

Deth What's a Dremel?

Amen!

I don't mind getting the Gainward card (I've used quite a few and been pleased with them), but I don't need a watercooling setup as I'm already quite happy with my Exos. I just want to plug it into my current setup and go from there, and for ~ $450 it would be feasible, but $600+ is out of the question.

4. yashov

yashov What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Do you have any resellers in Japan?

5. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

I'm all for bringing extreme kooling to the masses which by doing so raises it's profile in the process. I do however think it's only a good start and still needs improvement on some points.

I like the design and would expect there to be other colour variations. This could be extended to the type of hose connection like Zalman have done to their new range of water block products. I'm expecting there will be designs for both makes of cards and not just Nvidia ones.

When you see other water blocks that only cater for the GPU cooling, the memory is often overlooked. It amazes me why someone hasn't grabbed the thistle by the thorns before now. The work that pioneers like Bladerunner and alike have done years ago have helped others develop theirs. I wonder how good this one would have been without this type of development work and testing these people do.

Bladerunner your cooling work will go down in history and manufacturers will be considered only as transport means to bring this method of your design to the masses.

6. Cheese

Cheese Doc

That's the messiest test rig ever :eeek:

Rob.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Its a test bed by the looks of it so to be expected. Still a little cable management doesnt go amiss now and then :rolleyes:

8. Burki

Burki What's a Dremel?

I was just looking forward for the Blade Runner's Cool FX to come out and now I'm really dissapointed:sigh:
    What to say, just another comecialized alu block from the Innovatek, which are proud to say that they produce waterblocks "made in Germany" although they have production in 3. world countries to minimize costs of production. Maximize the profit - NOT, just give us coper:thumb:

9. benje

benje Minimodder

imo the new one sucks in the looks department. The first BT was really classy and was realy eye candy if the case its in has a window. The new one needs to be less chunky and bulky, less metal covering the card, and maybe formed in a shape that looks good. Unlike just a big rectangle :)
    just an idea

10. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

Just as a sideline. Innovotek, like all german companies work with 10mm push fittings. This means that unless they have worked on a 1/2 adapter for all us 1/2" silicon user (most proberbly the majority outside of germany) then it will be a waste of time for us. In experience with dealing with other german watercoolers they will not even discuss the use of larger bore sizes. Me think they picked the wrong company to work with.:eyebrow:

11. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Always Silent & Cool

Innovatek use a fitting that looks like a barb but also has a screw on lid that traps the pipe tight. Not particularly keen on them myself, but I'd guess that as long as the fittings have a thread that screws into threads in the block sealing with an o-ring designed in, it may be possible to supplement them with 1/2" standard bards. Until I get a sample to assess however I can only make "guesstimations". I still don't see 1/2" barbs as a logical thing to do though if the internals of the block turn out to be smaller than 1/4" in places.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

the innovatech screw on barb things are crap :( cant use any tubing with a decent thickness on em - i tried an old gfx block with 3/8" tygon. Ended up securing it with clips.

13. Relin

Relin Old timer

Full kit pics!

[​IMG]

14. Relin

Relin Old timer

Flipside of card, not really a need to activley cool both sides, so side 2 is passive, when cards switch to DDR2 we may change this!

[​IMG]

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's a pretty damn funky kit! - with the right tubing the barbs work pretty good then ;)

Now i see how the backside is done! AHhhhhh, passive cooling - not extended wcing block over the back too. :geek:

Any specific details? Looks like an Ehiem 1048? Thermochill 120.1? or custom rad?

When the card switches to DDR2 - then both sides actively cooled u saying? :eyebrow:

16. Relin

Relin Old timer

I meant the DDR II for future products if it happens, dont read too much into that comment......

Its an Eheim 1046 i belive with the Innovatek custom rad.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

lol! damn, cant make you slip up into future product details ;) heh:hehe:

18. Relin

Relin Old timer

Check out the rig! Still needs drives etc, probably going to WC them too!

[​IMG]

19. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Just needs a WC PSU and hmmmmmm...

20. Relin

Relin Old timer

Voulunteering to make me 2?
    :hip:

Tags: Add Tags