1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Games I Own: Postal 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 8 May 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

I know exactly what you mean, It is fun, even if it is horrible. And the sandbox style game play doesn't hurt either. There is a lot of freedom, and playing the game goes from "eew look what I did" to "wow what else can I do?".

3. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Postal 2 is violence for no reaosn? Are you kidding me? The guy lives in that trailer with his bitch of a wife. There's your need for killing everyone right there!

Postal 2 (and Apocalypse Weekend) should be remade with HD graphics the same way Serious Sam just has been. That would be too cool.

4. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

Yep. This is definitely the kind of game that gives games bad names (I', a poet and I didn't even know it). I personally don't think that I would be able to play this game. I tend to empathize too much with games (and characters) to be able to randomly kill random civilians. I need some sort of justification to run somebody down with a car or shoot them.

This is a little off topic, but have you ever played the classic free game "C-Dogs"? This reminded me of that, because I used to run around with a knife cutting down any civilians that got in my way, even though I got penalized for it. It's worth checking out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-Dogs

5. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

BTW, I just downloaded the SDL port and it worked fine in windows 95 compatibility in W7 64 bit, albeit without sound (when we played it several years ago, we only got sound to work once).

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

well for me.. I heard gary coleman was immortalized in it- so I played up till the mall and saw the angry midget (I admit I'm a midget connoisseur)..

and you got to see the studio they made the game in at one point.. so it's not all drivel.. it's so over the top ridiculous, I'd say it's a must play =]

7. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

looking forward to Postal 3 tbh:cooldude:

8. s3v3n

s3v3n MMO Cold Turkey -fail

I thought it said "Portal 2" and wanted to know how the hell he got it =\

9. The_EXorcist

The_EXorcist Possibly Australian

Terrible game, terrible context, terrible bugs... yet one of my favourite games, really cant hate it, even tho i know i should, am in complete agreement with you on this

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Postal is everything a game should be, and yes a re-make in HD would be awesome.

Postal is the ba*tard child of duke nukem and GTA

11. ryall

ryall What's a Dremel?

I hated this shitty game from the get-go. Not a big fan of gratuity and it just felt incredibly childish. However I did mow down every civ I could find in the MW2 airport scene, go figure...

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I love this game. It's childish and stupid and totally without merit, but for some reason it tickles that part of my psyche that just needs retarded things, like watching Crank2.

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

14. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

15. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

At the end of the day games are about escapism, I used to love booting this one up after a bad day at work and taking out my frustrations on the innocent bystanders whilst completing mundane activities like 'buying milk'.

As long as you don't take what you are doing seriously, I don't see a problem.

16. sWW

sWW Minimodder

Whilst I have never completed it I still install it on a semi regular basis just for the ridiculous fun there is to be had walking around the streets.

17. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 4 Oct 2013
  18. altdoom

altdoom What's a Dremel?

this inspired me to reinstall Postal 2 and laugh, waiting eagerly for Postal 3

19. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff What's a Dremel?

I will have to download this just to satisfy my curiosity :)

20. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

I believe this one is available on Good Old Games now for anyone interested.

Tags: Add Tags