1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GeForce FX Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kevo, 27 Jan 2003.

1. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

Hey, he tells jokes that aren't funny. That's not my fault :hehe:

Anyway. Can the xxxxx FX survive on it's programmability? Looks like it may have to.

2. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

Maybe they'll release a 256 bit mem bus in the FX series?

3. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Maybe on the NV40 I doubt that the NV35 will have it.

4. ¥¥¥

¥¥¥ What's a Dremel?

The R350 will come out in march a month after the FX is launched and will almost definitly be faster. Then the R400 comes out near the end of the year :)

NV 35 will be out in November, here is some speculaed specs...

NV35: 550Mhz @ 8x1, FX Flow 2 ( slightly less noisy, but still much more than the competing ATI solution ) , CineFX 2, 256 bit memory bus, GDDR2 @ 550Mhz
    Uttar

Last edited: 29 Jan 2003
  5. maki43

maki43 I can touch my toes 1,2,3

The fx has not met to many expectations including myself, i thought it would blow the ati out of proportion and show that nvidia are on top!

I think we should still be a bit skeptical of the results of benchmarks. As far as i know no one had a great deal of time with the card and may need more time to benchmark.

Does anyone know what the fx drivers are? Is it still the detenators? The problem may lie in the drivers that were supplied with all the new cards, possibly nvidia still have a hope :lol:

Wait until the launch and then we shall know the power/horror :D

But if the results are true Nvidia need to bring out a card which will defeat anything ATi can bring out in the near future to stay alive!

6. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

At the very heart of the GF FX concept (says nVidia) is it's progammability.
    So in theory, it wont really shine until the software (including drivers) is in place to really exploit it.

On a personal note, I think I may start learning Cg. Apprently, scripting in Cg for pro3D can really speed things up.

7. ¥¥¥

¥¥¥ What's a Dremel?

I woulden't count on performance increasing that much, bear in mind CG can run perfectly fine with radeon cards, it's just a compliler :blah:

Drivers might make some difference but the card is a dissapointment anyway you look at it.

Tags: