1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

also get annoyed by this.

BFBC2's attack/defend order is perfect. look at it and it lights up meaning when you press Q, it is issuing an order.

with BF3, they made it so far as you look in that general direction, your squad mates get spammed a lot of orders.

2. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

I think it took a while to catch you up, like I say I wasn't even sure I'd launched anything, had changed weapon & was running around while swearing at the screen corruption trying to avoid some armour & I get the splash telling me I'd got you. I was like "eh? what? when?"

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

You think that's bad? My mate's car has a sensor that beeps when your car is parking too close to an obstacle. I was thinking there was a rocket lock!

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I had a random dream of jumping off a cliff shooting a pistol at a place that was take off, grabbing a well placed handle and lobbing a grenade into a hatch which had loads of troops in, all in BF3 graphics lol

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Its because I play it before bed! I need an hour or so to cool off otherwise I have mental BF3 dreams.

6. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

So I've been enjoying battlefield 3 for about a week, awesome game Indeed, But I wanted to share a little tiny problem Im having now.

Since the last patch (the game autopatched 2 days ago) it crashes to desktop after 10 - 15 mins of playing... Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Ofc the ATi video drivers are the latest, damn you autopatched games!!

7. Orionche

Orionche Guest

A lot of people are having the same issue, paisa. It ain't you, its the game. Forums are full of complaints...

I gotta connect to a server 6 times before EA says its okay. Provided of course the memory leak is okay with that too.

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

your enemy shows up in minimap only? :jawdrop:

thats like.... like.........

......BF2 :rock:

i swear the day i stop comparing this game to the greatness of BF2 is when BF4 is released. and i'll be playing Planetside 2. or Tribes 2.
    no hardcore/normal mode. just FF on/off. awesome VoIP. 6-people squad and commander. great teamwork allaround. massive maps. carpet-bomb jets.

and fawkin artilleries. (no. dont even think of comparing this with mortar. nowadays u see mortars, u just move sideways a wee bit. back then, u see a red circle in the minimap u gtfo of the area, pronto!)

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Tribes 2.... ah, good memories. can't wait for Tribes: Ascend.

BF3's line-of-sight 3D spotting is perfect, adapt to environment and hide when you feel you've got spotted.

10. Redbeaver

i still prefer BF2.

spotting iz for wuzzies.:rock:

minimap should be as far as it goes. i dont see my soldier runs around with 3d HUD to their helmet. this aint Ghost Recon.

that said, in BF3 cases with its unbelievably ugly and useless minimap, i dont really mind having it on.

11. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Got my first smoke grenade kill today :D

12. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I had a great round with the mortar last night defending the first MCOM on Metro. Every time the other team fired a mortar I would take it out with my mortar and relocate elsewhere. I took the same guy out seven times in a row and he accused me of cheating as "no one gets one shot mortar kills every time!"

13. Allsopp

Allsopp What's a Dremel?

More guided shell madness tonight then Draca?

14. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Yep this makes a fantastic game, good squad, good spotting, good team work.

Even if just two of you work together it makes it a fantastic game.

15. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Anyone else having major problems trying to join a server since the patch?

9 times out of 10 I either crash on the loading screen or get some stupid message like "unable to connect to EA online" or some server error message.

16. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

You know it :D

- dracaXL / Dub

17. Redbeaver

1-shot mortar on mortar. its a beautiful thing for the uninitiated.

18. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

Maybe a [Solution] for your bf3 crashes.....

hey guys,

so after my update i was getting a black screen and crash after every map load.
    So i thought i would uninstall and install again.
    when i went into my uninstall menu i had two battlefield games showing in my list (maybe one was the beta?)

After uninstalling the first one, when i tried the second it said there was an error and asked if i wanted to remove it from my list, so i did.

I then installed the game again, and now i have played a few games without the black screen crash. Was constant after recent patch.

I also found a really useful thread on other issues and fixes for them.
    Included the green screen flicker that i believe some of you are having.

Anyway I just wanted to share, hope it helps

(by the way after install still got two game installs. strange, but working better anyway)

http://sonsofvalour.forumotion.co.nz/t687-battlefield-3-tweaks-and-fixes#8427

hope it helps.

19. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

Does anyone find the lens glare and brightness of the sun to be a bit over the top?

Sometimes I Can't see a damn thing on caspian. Tehran is even worse with those massive lights in the middle. I can't even freaking shoot them out.

The same goes for the HDR lighting. Makes it impossible to see if someone is inside of buildings at times.

Dice either needs to tone down the brightness/glare, move the sun to 12 o clock or give me a sunglasses accessory.

20. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder