1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General info about motherboard + cpu

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by evilstriker, 18 Oct 2004.

1. evilstriker

evilstriker What's a Dremel?

I found this motherboard "DFI LANPARTY NFII ULTRA B Socket A" for 140$US see here and was wondering if it was a good buy? I like this board for its layout. The AGP slot leaves alot of space between it and the PCI slot. Also has 4 USB ports and tilted IDE connectors. Everything seem well spaced expect for those resistor infrom of the cpu socket but I can deal with that

Aslo as for overclocking capabilities. I saw from the hardocp site which made a review on it said it had plenty of nice BIOS features etc.

Also Im looking in getting a cpu and im stuck between 2 CPU. I would like to get other people opinion to get me decided on which is better
    AMD XP-2600+ 2.133G 333MHZ 256K L2 CPU OEM for 102$
    or
    AMD Athlon XP-2500 1.833GHz 512K 333MHz CPU OEM for 100$

As you can see its not a price issue The only thing that is keeping me from making a disicion is the fact that the xp2600 is only 256k while the 2500 is 512k

I would assume i could possibly overlock the 2500 to equal or maybe even surpass the 2600 but i would have to get this from a experience overclockers to know which is a better buy

Thx for those who can answer!

2. Redd_Herring_1974

Redd_Herring_1974 What's a Dremel?

you could get it cheaper from new egg unless that price is in canadian dollors link

3. evilstriker

evilstriker What's a Dremel?

i live in canada and newegg doesnt ship to canada
    still though its not really a question of price and more a question of performance then i wish to know :)