1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Get Gran Turismo PSP for free

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Aug 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

That's people buying the PSP Go in millions then. I honestly don't see any reason to buy PSP Go and I guess this is probably the only thing that would make people buy one. It's way overpriced though.

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya I agree I can think of why they would even really consider the PSP Go just seems like an odd thing to release. I would have put that money into improving the current PSP like adding a touch screen into it would be nice ^^

4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

The Go is out way too late. The PSP has never really been that succesful, and they should just focus on a next Nintendo beater and get it out before them.

5. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Release the freakin' PS3 game you fatcat *(&%&*'s

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Ha... Pay more for a portable device than a 360? I think not Mr Sony! I'll stick with my iPhone.

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

An iPhone is 2-3 times the price of a PSPgo if you're not interested in getting ripped off in a mobile phone contract.

iPhone prices

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

agree thats why I want a version of the psp with a touch screen and then I shall be happy :)

9. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

+1

10. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

I'll consider a PSP again whenever they decide to knock the ugly off out it and give a second analog stick.

11. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Problem with touch screen and second analog is that nothing is designed for it and adding it would make things incompatible with the other 50 million PSPs out there, what they needed to do was breakaway from PSP with this model for those things to be of any use, its a shame they didn't do that, as there is plenty of power for all sorts of 3d games and the work better with dual analog.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Honestly, the best thing they did with the PSP was release the Slim & Lite version - everything else after that has just been needless fiddling. The Slim & Lite brought a better screen, a slimmer profile, reduced battery consumption, removal of the useless IR port, improved & optimised UMD drive, and many other enhancements. The 3000 version offered a new screen which has better colour and was supposed to remove the ghosting problem. The screen is indeed better (having seen it myself), but they replaced ghosting with scanlines - which look even worse. The slim & lite screen is perfectly good for what it does and most people can't even notice the ghosting, but you do notice the scanlines on the 3000 model. So, no point in the 3000 revision. The PSP Go offers a totally revised layout and a removal of the UMD drive - great, what about all my old UMD games then? I know Sony are going to offer a service to copy the games to flash, but once you're using your spangly new PSP Go, this means you have to have enough flash capacity to store all your old games. The capacity of a UMD is around 1.6gb and quite a few games do hit that mark.

The PSP Go is simply too late in the product lifecycle. Existing users aren't going to sign up for it in their droves because of the hassle they'll have with moving the games from UMD to flash drives and the fact that it doesn't really offer anything new. You can get the same features and the same experience with a several-year old model. It's fair to say that the biggest market will be new PSP users, but the price point is far too high - as has already been pointed out, it's more than the cost of the xbox 360 and way more than the DS.

If the PSP Go concept had been released in the place of the Slim & Lite, or the 3000 model (i.e. much earlier in the platform's life), then I think it would have had a chance. Instead I think Sony need to move on and do something new.

13. DaMightyMouse

DaMightyMouse What's a Dremel?

+1

14. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Jesus, I still can't get over that price :/

It is ridiculous.

Tags: Add Tags