1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gran Turismo 5 boss wants quick release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

any time they want? sounds like a load of old testicles to me. it'll be end of year at the earliest

3. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

Oh god more bulllcr*p - yeah and you can get it out now with damage? I doubt it.
    How about some AI for a change not just follow the same path every time for the other cars? I doubt it.

Sorry Forza has taken my heart and GT unfortunately hasn't been a good game since GT2 - no change to the game just got prettier. Forza 3 for the win.

4. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

GT was definitly top dog for a long time, but I'm sorry; after seeing some of the Forza 3 trailers on gametrailers lately, they are going to have to pull of something damn amazing to trump the guys at Turn 10.

5. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

I've got many hours out of prologue, can't wait for the full game just for some new locations, and the RPG aspect of earning all the cars/licences etc.

6. Goty

Goty Minimodder

They can take as long as they want, GT3/4 are still keeping me busy =)

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I'd rather they take thier time and do it right then rush it.

8. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

@Joe: The new PSP is called PSP Go, not Playstation Go. You called it like that in the other article too.

9. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

man that game brings me back to the late 90's.. me and my roommate would play it on a 140 watt home stereo system.. lived about 3 houses down from a gas station and our neighbor had finally had enough when she was down there getting gas- and she said all she could hear was rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

the house would shake and we'd play with the windows and doors open.. I'm not sure if I like the whole damage thing- I mean heads up you could make another player wipe out if you know what your doing.. basically the same thing but it keeps players in the game

10. Squallers

Squallers Meat Puppet

To be honest i think when he says "we can release it whenever we want" he doesn't actually mean that its ready. I think its more of a valveish attitude of we can take as long as we like to release it because it's going to be awsome. So they may well want to get it out the door asap but at the same time they're not going to be rushed.

I'm geting a bit fed up of waiting for it but i must say that prologue has kept me amused for a very long time. Especially since i finally got the credits for the ferrari F1 car and have spent the last few sessions just hammering round suzuka trying to break the top 500 in the online time trial (i'm enthusiastic but not actually very good)

11. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

A properly ported PC version of GT5 could be jaw droppingly gorgeous, I doubt it will ever happen though. Hopefully the PS3's relatively small user base, compared to its rivals, will force Sony to develop for the PC, in order to maximise its revenue.

12. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I dunno, Forza 2 was a disappointment. It's only redeeming feature was being able to tune a mk2 Golf GTI up to 900bhp, with a turbocharged V6 and 4wd. I quickly grew tired of it and sold my 360.

13. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

I can just tell that "he who plays this on a consile" is going to get an attemp at some lovely lighting, reflections etc... but no anti aliasing. And oh god it will look bad. see those prerendered shots? done on pc they are...

14. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

That would be sweet, I only ever played GT2 back when I had a PS1, but I loved it. Would love a PC version of GT5 but like you say, it's doubtful. :(

Yeah, although at 1080p it might look ok.

15. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

GT5P looked pretty awesome at 1080p

16. bagman

bagman Minimodder

if they relase the game on psp you are going to need like 50 different discs, the game is going to be huge played GT 4 on ps2 memory got corropted when i got to 50% so gave up on it couldn't be asked to do it all over again

17. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

GT5 (full version) should have been ready just after the launch of the PS3... it would have sold millions of consoles on its own.

Now its too late.

Releasing the prologue version was a huge mistake. I bought it and thought that graphically it was stunning, but gameplay wise, I actually preferred Project Gotham on my 360! I certainly wont be wasting any more money on the full version GT5.

The delays in the production of this game are ridiculous, and Im glad that Forza seems to be steaming ahead now... as the GT team obviously need a kick up the rear.

Tags: Add Tags