1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Graphics card bundles - do you care?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tim S, 10 Mar 2008.

?

Do you see value in graphics card bundles?

1. Yes - If there's a game included, it usually influences my buying decision.

11 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. Yes - The warranty is important to me.

37 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. Yes - But I only want the required cables/connectors. I don't want a game bundle.

86 vote(s)
    38.1%
  4. Yes - All of the above.

29 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. No - Give me a white box with just the card.

63 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I miss the: vote "OEM" option

Just a antistatic plastic bag with card and cables that are absolutly needed/necessary. I dont even want a driver cd, because I download the latest driver anyway. This will save (hopefuly me) money for packaging, package design, cd, cd pressing, graphics. They can ship more cards in a box. And all this would probably make the card 100 dollar cheaper, takes less from the environment. Plus it saves me extra money because of the 'briliant idea' from my Dutch covernment to charge packaging 'environment' taxes from manufactures, who in turn will pass this along the the consumer.

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i few extra cables aint any harm, i liked my 8800GTS by BFG as i got a free t-shirt, nice surprise when i opened the box.

factory overclocks piss me off, why charge more for something that is free!

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It depends, for me. The adapters are useful (DVI-VGA, DVI-HDMI, component out etc) and the warranty is nice sometimes, although more often than not voided for the sake of water.

However, I don't care for the game bundles. I've had three copies of the same game now, and I've run out of people to give these things to. In all honesty, warranty and a white box, possibly some connection converters (Although not essential) would be my preferred buy.

4. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Warranty and the Card is all that matters to me when buying.

5. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Hmmm.... I've voted for the Warranty option - but it's a bit unclear what that means...

I'd buy a white box card if it had a minimum of 2 years warranty. If it came with only 1 year (legal minimum in UK), I'd have to pay extra for a retail box.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Re: Warranty.

Hexus are reporting that Zotac have upped their 2-year "Return to dealer" warranty to a 5-year "Return to Zotac" one!

7. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

where are zotac tho?

it gets annoying when the warranty is abroad, eg, evga in germany, ibm hdds in holland etc. Stuff like that needs to be made more obvious, or someone needs to compile a nice database of it...

if i recall correctly Corsair stuff has to be sent back to the usa (tho i could be wrong on that), makes their 5 year psu warranties pretty pointless imho... (mind you posting a psu to the uk is going to be extortionate unless you get one of those ebay/dhl deals)

8. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

my latest card is a 8800gts 512 that i bought in a white box, and i paid less for it than any gt cards available at the time. i don't need cables, i still have the ones that came with my last card. i don't need some super warranty, the standard 1yr is plenty. i don't need the card company to tell me what games to play, i'll buy the ones i want with the money i save.

9. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

super warranty as I'm prone to things of that nature, and the card. I've got the cables/adapters I need.

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Unfortunately, they're in Hong Kong. :duh:

11. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

What about box size? Come cards are coming in stupidly large boxes these days. What's happened to the days of smallest box possible? Are packers getting lazy?

12. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

the manufacturer may be paying extra for higher binned chips to put into the factory overclocked models. (at least i think that happens. maybe not)

13. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

I really just like a good warranty, the EVGA one covers aftermarket cooling and is lifetime here in the US, which is nice. I won't pay more for accessories unless the price difference is small or there is an included game that I actually want, but usually that doesn't happen.