1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Graphics Card Woes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chocolateraisins, 15 Sep 2009.

1. chocolateraisins

chocolateraisins :D

Hey,

My friend, who I will name chocolatepeanuts (for this), has requested me to post this on his behalf as he is too lazy to make a bit-tech forum account (his loss). His question is as follows:

Chocolatepeanuts asks:

'I work from home. Recently my graphics card went kaput. I can't work until I get this sorted. Due to that I don't mind paying a little extra if I can find a card that I can pick up tomorrow (I'm in london). I know a shop called yoyotech which I can walk to easily. They have these three cards that I could go in and pick up tomorrow (max price is 135ish).

GPU 1
    GPU 2
    GPU 3

(I didn't look at ther ATI options due to old prejudiced against their crappy linux support - if this is especially stupid of me do say so). My priorities are reliability, quietness, and of course as much speed as I can - but reliability and quiet are a fairly big deal (I use this for work, and I also attempt to produce music.)

So what do you guys think? Are there any places you know of in london that are worth taking a look at? Is yoyotech so much of a rip off that I should wait and order it online (keep in mind time is money and all that.) Cheers'