1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GRIN facing bankruptcy?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Aug 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

well, their latest gamers are not really innovative or blockbuster sequel

3. sear

sear Guest

Unfortunate, because there are clearly talented people there if they were the ones to come up with Bionic Commando: Rearmed. Honestly, I can't blame it on their two movie-based games, considering they were actually better than average (and we all know that those are made on a very strict budget). The big problem is probably Bionic Commando. From the looks of it, they poured tons of money into it, but the poor reviews and poor sales means that they basically sealed their own doom. So many studios live game-to-game, and while it's not always healthy, sometimes it's the only way you can be competitive in the industry.

What's more, most problems in high-budget games don't stem from a lack of individual talent, but from high-up decisions like rushing the game's release, forcing the inclusion of extra game modes (like multiplayer, both competitive and co-op), publishers not paying out until milestones in development are reached, etc. It's a cruel and shaky business sometimes. GRIN has some talented people, and I hope they aren't stuck jobless for too long.

4. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I like the guys at GRIN, even if I'm not a fan of their games. I would've thought their two movie titles would have kept them afloat, guess not.

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Although ive heared of the games i've never of heared GRIN. Funny since they were founded in '97

6. Edvuld

Edvuld Minimodder

A friend of mine that worked in the Gothenburg office unfortunatly got laid off earlier this year. Too bad, it really seemed like it was the dream job to have if you're into that stuff...

Tags: Add Tags