1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Half Life 2 - Episode 1 is delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 27 Mar 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I'd rather it was a little delayed than rushed and unfinished *cough EA cough*

3. Enforcer

Enforcer What's a Dremel?

Bah what else is new! I'l lstill buy it and enjoy it im sure. And your right Better Not rush it and make it more playable then EA's Games. Im quite dissapointed with their Support and the devs for allowing the release of a bug ridden game (Shame on you, your in charge not Publishers)

4. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Baaa, its taking too long. At least they will get things right unlike some other developers that I can think about. And if they do find somthing they will patch it for you, if you like it or not.

5. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

id rather their various departments get the schedule right before making hasty announcements that it will ultimatly be missed and delayed like every single other valve game around.

6. hobbs

hobbs What's a Dremel?

the real reason they are making episodes is just to make more money, i bet once all of the episodes are finished people who have them all will probley spent over 100 dollars

7. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

Shouldn't we just expect this by now???

TFC2 anyone?

8. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Yeah but look at games like WOW on subscriptions. You could have bought a £20 copy of half life generations and still be playing cs and all the other games today 4-5 years later. Thats damn good value.

Not to mention the big gaps between releases unlike EA who chuck out crap expansions every five minutes.

And valve often give out free content as well.

All in you cannot complain about the cost too much..

9. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

delays are a way of life for developers, it happens all the
    time so you can't be surprised by it yet its disappointing.
    better late than never like duke nukem forever!

10. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

:hehe: Duke Nukem Forever.
    I would much rather have it finished and playable as soon as I buy it than buggy. Still can't wait though.

11. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Delays suck! But the games don't. So I guess waiting isn't so bad.

12. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

I am not sure why they are amazed that they lost money on the Xbox half life 2. Half Life to all computer gamers is something analogous to Mario for Nintendo...it just feels the best playing it on what its associated with and for HL that’s the PC...it exemplifies the PC and PC gaming. Take Sonic for Sega, ever since they stopped making a console, no one really cares about Sonic games...I mean playing sonic on a Nintendo just feels like a sell out. Imagine Mario on Xbox 360! or Halo on PS2...(or Halo on PC for that matter). The controls and the feel of these games are custom tailored to make the best out of the features their respective platforms provide. Trying to port and shoe-horn them for another platform has rarely been a successful and/or lucrative venture.

These "killer apps" bring and formulate the foundation of the system for which they are made.

13. funkbro2

funkbro2 What's a Dremel?

wait so if i want to get this game the only ways remain.... steam 30CDN bucks?
    ea games probably 70CDN?

do i need hl2 for this to run???

14. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

$20 dollars for just 7 hours of gameplay? they're taking the piss, right?????

15. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

could be worse if it was an EA expansion it would probably £20 for the same seven hours, at least we have the favourable exchange rate.

16. pingthepiratehobo

pingthepiratehobo What's a Dremel?

7 hours of gameplay.. what was hl2 rated at ? because that only took me 14 hours.
    14 glorious, solid hours - my face hurt from smiling for that long afterwards.

The episodic content sounds like a good idea, it'd be very good if the engine updates were across all the episodes as well- because hl2 can run like absolute crap sometimes.

And if they dont update the water shader, theyre doing something wrong. that was the only thing wrong with the entire game, deciding to make the ocean out of 256X256 tiled shader sqaures, all animated in the exact same manner, synchronised- looked so terrible

Tags: Add Tags