1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Hello. err. Guitar case mod thing.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by sheeep, 13 Apr 2008.

1. sheeep

sheeep What's a Dremel?

Ello all. First time messing with a computer for awhile, all the old modding forums I was on are now defunct.

Anyway, started a new mod with my friends computer today. I've seen this before but its something I've always wanted to do.

[​IMG]
    The neck of the guitar is snapped, gonna fix it later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Didn't really measure ahead of time so some stuff was sticking out. The plan we came up with is to have the back offset with dowells and then fill in the blank space with lexan or mesh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Probable layout.

[​IMG]
    I think I'll lower the back about another inch, I just want some breathing room between the PSU and DVD drive.

Tomorrow hopefully I'll mount everything and get it working.

2. sheeep

sheeep What's a Dremel?

My friend's parents are out of town so instead of throwing a party we worked on the case all night.

[​IMG]
    Cut the mounting plate out of his old case.

[​IMG]
    Then extended all the PSU wires so they could go the extra inch to the edge of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Gonna fix this up and make em straight, when it was finally done we were kinda... tired.

[​IMG]

3. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

That is most certainly an idea I hadn't seen before (well, not with a guitar anyway).

Just a few thoughts:

It's a shame that you can't fit it all in without leaving it all open like that. If you had fewer cards you could use risers that rotated the cards 90 degrees.

:idea: If you turned the whole thing around (mount the bottom of the motherboard against the inside of the back of the guitar) you could use the front opening of the guitar as an intake. Also, if you leave it spaced out like you plan, the I/O portion of the motherboard would be easier to access.

And, oh yeah, Welcome to the forums :thumb:

4. sheeep

sheeep What's a Dremel?

I'm not too bummed about it being raised, it'll have a cool light shed on the wall its mounted on.

The entire initial plan was to have a fan mounted over the hole, but it just wasn't gonna work, so instead we're gonna put some light up fan-grill type thing there.

5. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Hehe, i had the exact same idea a while back, but my hardware didnt fit into the guitar i had laying around, and i couldnt afford eigther new hardware og guitar so :p

But ill be watching this one, as i would love to make a mod like this in the future.

6. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

i love your safety gear. ski goggles and a sky mask.