1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Help me out - Frosted Acrylic?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by k3rnel, 28 Dec 2004.

1. k3rnel

k3rnel What's a Dremel?

Where can I get frosted acrylic online? I have looked everywhere locally and am at my wits end. I need a decent sized sheet.

Thanks for any tips!

2. belier

belier What's a Dremel?

If you can't find it anywhere, there is a spray-on frosting that you can get at Home Depot or Lowes that is essentially frosted spray paint. I've done a bit of it on some glass before and it came out well enough, might be worth a shot.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

This has been asked tons of times before..:search:...but your best bet is to do it yourself in one of many ways:
    1) Most DIY hardware stores sell a self-adhesive sheet that sticks on plexi and gives it a frosted look

2) You can find spray-paint like sprays that paint a frost on glass

3) Media-blast the plexi (you can buy sand-blasting spray cans as well for an easy solution)

4) Sand the plexi down yourself, using lots of different grits of sandpaper, and lots of elbow grease

:thumb:

4. k3rnel

k3rnel What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys.

I do realize its been posted as I did do a search, (heck, even I have posted this question before), but no one ever really answered my question yet. :(

I know of the ways above from searching, but I really want to buy the real thing. And sadly, I still cannot find a place that sells it.

5. k3rnel

k3rnel What's a Dremel?

What section was this in? I want to try this one.

6. Lukethegreat

Lukethegreat What's a Dremel?

hey man, i tryed this with mine, i wanted it to look agged and a bit older, so i tried steel wool. it turned out well. Try it first on some spare plexi glass to see if it is what you want. Hope that helps.

7. belier

belier What's a Dremel?

The paint department is where I found mine. There should be a section with speciality paints (ie: craquleur, rusted metal etc). If you don't have any luck I'd just ask the aging paint mixer guy where they are.

8. k3rnel

k3rnel What's a Dremel?

9. belier

belier What's a Dremel?

Interesting. Post pics when you're done, i'd like to see how that comes out.