1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Home Media...

Discussion in 'General' started by Bogomip, 3 Apr 2012.

1. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

So, Im looking to move somewhere new - and I found this place tonight which was great, but the bedroom I would be occupying would be too small for a desk, meaning my normal setup would be a bit disturbed. I am therefore looking for a new solution to my file needs :)

So this is what I want.

Everything on my two external USB hard drives to be available over the wireless network as well as to my xbox, without either buying a wireless connector for my xbox or connecting my computer to anything. This means what ever it is will need an ethernet port and the ability to connect to xboxes, but also wireless and the ability for it to connect to my computer. I realise you can get NA Servers, but do they connect to xboxes OK? Do they have wireless?

2. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

You can get a synology has type thing with no drives that you just connect USB drives too and it shares them. On phone, cant remember the name.

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I have no idea how good or bad they are but this seems to be made for such a situation.
    Meebox NAS WiFi Media Server

again I have no idea how good or bad they are. Trying to find a review now which is proving difficult :worried: Meh, could always go back if unsuitable I guess.