1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HTC announces Vive Wireless Adapter pre-order date

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 21 Aug 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I loved my vive, the games were so cool, but my PC just wasnt up to spec to really get the most out of it so I ended up selling the vive for a decent amount.

I do want another one and really like the wireless one. I just cant afford it right now :( Any money I do save ends up being spend on "stuff we need for the house" as demanded by the missis. Ill have to remember that the next time she buys a dress or shoes online.

3. silk186

silk186 Derp

This is pretty awesome news for VR, I was about to post this.
    I would love to get into VR as well, but I need to upgrade my computer in the very near future before I even think about it.

4. silk186

silk186 Derp

I'm planning on buying a new router, what kind of router would I need to support this?
    is it supported on all tri-band 802.11ad routers?

Last edited: 21 Aug 2018
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You don't; it connects directly to a PCI Express card included in the bundle, not your router.

edzieba likes this.
  6. silk186

silk186 Derp

That's not good for an mITX build.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sadly, it's your only choice - it doesn't even look like the adapter supports those few motherboards with onboard WiGig, you have to use the specific bundled PCIe card. (I'm not 100% on that, but a quick run-through of the 'technical' information HTC's released so far suggests so.)

Tags: Add Tags