1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imminent changes to Project Logs

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by WilHarris, 7 Sep 2005.

1. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

There is already limits on number and size. The pictures in that thread loads fine for me - I guess its ok on a 2meg connection, but even if you are on 512k the pictures should load fast enough for you to scroll down and look at them all without coming to a point where you are looking at a loading picture. If you are on 56K, well, any picture is gonna take time to load.

2. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

On a side note that I've just realised, now that only the original poster can post, it means the title of the project log can remain the same, we would no longer need -

"PROJECT TITLE - CHANGED 12/09 ADDDED THIS OR THE OTHER" etc which I think looks awful when you're trying to find a paticular project.

3. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Hi
    here is my first post ever....but im not new to this site. Have been reading the forums, especially the project logs, for a long time and i will soon post the first of my...hm.....4 curent projects.
    It sounds like a good idea with all the project updates all together.. and I think it will become much easier to watch. I am just a litle worried that there will be some confusion when you try to "read" the thread if there is just a bunch of comments but no pictures to "connect" them to. But I'm sure it'll turn out great in the end. Good luck :thumb:

4. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Welcome to the forums :clap:

5. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

i think its a fantastic idea.. as now its still a mission to try and get through the logs, the new change will be very welcome! :D

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I like the idea but I already know I can't be arsed to copy all my posts over. I'll probably just copy the last update with a link to the original saying "Original log here including all updates prior to this" and then carry on with the new format.

Good idea. Instant death to 56k log browsing!

7. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Actually the "titles" you refer to will still be needed... possibly... but if people see your log on the top something must have changed... I use the title to draw attention anyway...

BTW great idea... it will limit the comments but will make project logs work better :D

8. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

Whens this going to happen? soon? if so... weeeee.... cause my project will be easy to edit, as mod's can move/delete posts appropriatly?