1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Ice:Update:4|09|04 :: Airbrushing Endeavors

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [t0rc], 12 Jan 2004.

1. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Dead tired...but successful...

I'm dead tired :yawn: :yawn: and covered in aluminum grain/shards, but now the PSU mounts are done :rock: (I'll post a more in depth with pictures explanation tomorrow). I have started to narrow down the designs for the hard drive bays architecture. I think I should be able to complete that tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow considering that on Sunday I have to move a whole house full of stuff to another house. So expect at least one update tomorrow, and hopefully two. Good Evening. :clap:

2. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Spiffirrific! (I know this is not a word)

Keep up the good work (t0rc)!

Mwahahahahahahahahaha, I must make a spiffy PC too! :hehe:

3. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

This is looking awesome! :rock: I think you should file the edges of the top window and make them rounded and smooth like the edges and stuff on the side panel window. I really like this case so far. Im Jealous. :wallbash:

Room looks awesome too by the way. :thumb:

4. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

PSU mount is done for the moment and HDD mount is close to being finished.

The PSU mount is finished, or at least it is for the moment. :clap: I may go and add a few things later on, but for the sake of getting the base frame done, it's done. Heres the pics:
    [​IMG]
    And today I started to work out the Hard Disk Drive mount(s). I wanted to make it so I could get more than one drive in, with easy installation, and good airflow. Here are the pictures:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, the mounts aren't done yet, but they will be soon. I have to use the drill press to make a few holes and add some brackets for more drives, but other than that, it should be done. Expect the final, at the latest hopefully by Friday. I have to pick up some more screws for the brackets, else I would've finished it today. :rock:

5. DreamModder!

DreamModder! What's a Dremel?

grrrrrrrr thist case make me a bit horney ;) (or not) :)

I realy like it! keep it up, good work!
    I may steal some ideés from you if its ok?

6. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Ermm....lol.

Well uh, I guess whatever floats your boat DreamModder :naughty: lol. :hehe:

As for taking my ideas, just make sure you give me credit and let the world know that I came up with them and not you. As long as you give me credit, anyone can use my ideas. Just know that I take no responsibility if something goes wrong. Well goodluck to you and everyone out there! Modders are t3h L337.

7. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

ROFLMAO! Dreammodder needs help! Good job on the case (t0rc)!

8. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Front Intake Hole Being Constructed While I Wait for the PSU to arrive...

I ordered the PSU and I am waiting to get some screws to finish the HDD mounts so during Algebra II, I've been drawing sketches, and I have finally decided on the one I am going to use on the front intake hole:[​IMG] The flamish looking designs will be painted with Blue Metalcast to keep the shine of the aluminum while adding contrast and staying with the name. The hole is the 92mm fan hole, and the dots are the holes for the screws. There will be a custom grille cut out to put over this fan eventually. As for now, have a nice day everyone!

9. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Man, this case just keeps getting sweeter with every update :D :baby:

Keep up the good work! And, how does blue Metal Cast look anyway? Any chance for a test photo? :p

Mmmmmmmmm, custom case... :: DROOL::

10. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

This is some fantastic work you've got here, [t0rc]. The jagged windows look nice.

11. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

I must've forgotten...

I must have forgotten to mention that I am making up a test piece, so I can see how the design turns out, and how the fan will sit, etc. So once I complete that, I will post it. And thanx for the compliments everyone! :rock: :clap:

12. TMM

TMM Modder

i like the flame designs for the intake. thats gonna look so sweet! :rock:

13. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

instead of painting the flames a solid color, how about painting them like a real flame if you have the time, in order starting from bottom to tips, blue, orange, yellow. i think it would look pretty cool if you did it properly

14. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I have used metal cast in blue (the stuff from krylon) and it looks really nice on shiny metal surfaces... it is very touchy though and I would try it on another surface than the case first then see if you like it...

The blue gets darker the more that you add... good luck.

Looks really good... good luck. One day I am going to build my own case... first Project fast mod though...

15. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

That thing must be getting heavy.

I know when I made my 80/20 case it was pretty heavy.

If your interested take a look in my gallery here:

http://www.detn8r.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2

It also looks like you got all your stuff precut. that must have taken alot of planning and measuring.

16. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Front Intake Test Piece Pictures...

Well I just finished the test piece and heres how it looks:
    [​IMG]
    I like how the blue looks, but I had problems with the stencil I made lifting up and then the spray got under it. :sigh: :waah: :lol: Im going to do another test piece and hopefully fix that. Once that is fixed, I'll go ahead and do the real piece!! The fan grille that I was messing with turned out real well. :rock: :rock:

The PSU did just arrive, but I'm not going to do anything with it due to the fact that I am working with all the painting etc right now.

The HDD mounts are going to be finished tomorrow hopefully...The screws were too long, so I have new ones arriving tonight that should be the correct length.

REPLIES:
    Everyone: Thanx for your comments! Keep 'em coming! :clap: :clap:

<1st time modder> Thats a good idea, and I might use it if I don't like how the blue turns out.

<DETN8R> Well what size were you using? My case weighs like 13 lbs... Im using 20mm x 20mm bars... and a few 20mm x 40mm

17. Go4t

Go4t i

pic no worky

18. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

fixed.

just fixed it :D

19. Go4t

Go4t i

YAY :thumb:

20. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Holy friggin crap, that looks awesome! :eeek: :jawdrop: :hip: I love this case. Keep it up Torc, that is just a friggin awesome case! Cant wait to see its completion! :D :clap: :thumb: