1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iTunes 8 Vista bug fixed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Sep 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

although i haven't had this bug with my iphone on Vista. i found every time i click on the iphone device on the left sidebar, a core of my CPU went to 100% for about a second. when im Folding for bit-tech, iTunes 8 freezes for about 2 seconds after i click on the iphone under devices.

we all know Apple supports Mac better than Windows, but this kind of crash or slowness should not be tolerated.

btw, why steer clear of Vista........ what principle?

3. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

Well, Apple may fix some problems in the software. but you still have a Major problem. You have an APPLE I-POD.
    "Steer clear" from the glorified products and their shitty performance, and compatibility issues.
    Get a Mp3 player that actually can connect to anybodies computer with a small set of drivers. And wont crash things for you.

4. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Some music players still just show up as a portable hard drive which means it can't really break. But I think the iTunes software is good...

Thing is, I always feel a bit suspicious when reading threads about apple and vista incompatibility. I mean, even if they do fix it straight away, they can happily blame it on Vista, and near everyone already thinks Vista is the buggiest OS out there. Not going to hurt mac sales is it, publishing dodgy vista drivers? Maybe I should just remove my tin foil hat....

5. Goty

Goty Minimodder

No need to remove it just yet. I read somewhere when the bug was first reported that someone at Apple claimed that a bug in a program could only cause that program to crash, not the whole system, so the problem was "obviously" with Vista and not with iTunes.

6. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

i have an iphone, and still hate itunes after a long relationship with it having had an ipod for several years, but now itunes crashes everytime i try to close it having used it for an iphone update or chaning music etc. Atleast version 8 crashes more efficiently for me, its all over with in about 6 seconds now, rather than the 15 secs it took in version 7. Dont think you are alone vista users, itunes sucks, period!

peace

fatman

7. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

My vista install has been almost 100% stable since the day I installed it... except for the bloody apple software updater which crashes every time I boot. Is it just coincidence that the only people who can't write software for vista are apple?

8. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

Fine, show me another mp3 player with 80gig capacity that isn't any bigger than my ipod.

I'm not being funny here, but show me.

9. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

well.... the Zune is only .09 inches thicker, and .02 inches taller, while being .4oz lighter (for the 120GB)

I have absolutely no doubt that apple would release buggy drivers for Windows users.

10. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

Well, the BSOD shouldn't happen. Vista should have been all about "stability" and "safety", but... that's not the case.
    I only use it to game anyway. Linux for the rest.

11. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Did they fix iTunes for XP64 yet? You have to jump through hoops and fly like Superman to make it work--and then my CD writer doesn't work. :duh: Brilliant.

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I found the best bug fixing tip for iTunes to be /uninstall

Tags: Add Tags