1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Killing Floor 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 21 Nov 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

Enjoyed KF1, played this a couple of times and just couldn't get into it.

I think it is too similar to its predecessor.

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Is that... Princess Peach's Castle?

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Can you hear that humming? Is the dust on the ground starting to hover? It's the Nintendo Orbital DMCA cannon powering up...

5. VaLkyR-Assassin

VaLkyR-Assassin Minimodder

I tried the first one recently with a mate, and found it pretty dire, as the combat had no depth to it. It's something that maybe when I was a teenager I might have had fun with, but these days I want something with a little more substance. Apart from fancier graphics, this newer one seems little better.

6. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

It's a fan-made level, but yeah, it's the overworld of Mario 64, at least with all the doors closed.

7. BenB

BenB What's a Dremel?

I've been playing this with friends for a good few months now. We play a big session once a week, and there are often 5 of us, all on Skype and none of us interested in playing against children online. KF2 has the big advantage that we can all play at once against the AI where a lot of games are 4 player only (eg L4D/L4D2).

I think the review is pretty fair - it's not a bad game, but I'm getting a bit bored of the grind now as it is very slow. Some of the community maps don't play well unless you have a beefy machine too, but there is a lot of replayability in the main maps.

Tellingly, we only had 4 of us last week so we thought we'd replay an L4D2 map instead which we havn't done for months. Everything felt very slow to begin with (like the characters were running in treacle) but once we'd readjusted to it I had a lot more fun than playing KF2 - it just feels like you invest more in the characters and the campaign progression is more interesting than just running round the same maps.

Oh, and one thing I wish the devs would pay attention to - as an early accesser I've probably had 10 or more updates to KF2 since we started playing and virtually every time all the controls and settings are re-set to default. How difficult is it to save them to a file and then re-import them after the update?!!! Gaaaah!

Ben

8. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Played a lot of this

Fun for £20. Played it with my gf a lot.

9. Taua

Taua What's a Dremel?

Killing Floor? Is that like Slaughtering Grounds dun dun dundun dun dun dun dundun dundundun

Tags: Add Tags