1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGA775 Heatsink Group Test

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Mar 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. TimB

TimB What's a Dremel?

No big suprise there, Zalman is "top-dawg" these days. It was interesting however to see that there wasn't much difference between full fan and half fan.

3. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Yeah go Zalman. What really shocked me was how bad the Thermalfly F1 cooler did. I personally think Thermalfly need more thermal engineers.

4. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Anyone got a pic of the Noctua NH-U12F on a motherboard, or know which way round it fits?

I have a 650i board, and it will no longer fit in my case with the Big Typhoon cooler on, as the cooler hangs over the edge of the mobo - does the Noctua NH-U12F fit parallel to the rear of the board (with the ports etc) or away from it?

Cheers,
    al.

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Slight mistake in the chart at the bottom of the last page, there's the 9700 three times and the 9500 only once ;)

And is it me or is the chart totally different then the bar graph? o_O

6. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Good review but I do feel the fact that the Scythe Ninja and the Freezer 7 were left out was a bit disappointing as these two (possibly?) the most used coolers by us enthusiasts (and the Freezer 7 is one of the cheapest performers too). Overall, a good review but lacking two heavy hitters. Everyones a critic huh.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This isn't a definitive round up by all means, it's just a group test of several LGA heatsinks. The Freezer 7 has been out a while also ;)

We've been round CeBIT looking for new ones coming to market and the next group test should have some new faces in it :)

8. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Good work guys on the review. One nag is that the performance of even the best performing cooler in this roundup pales to the Scythe Infinity, Thermalright Ultra 120 and the Tuniq Tower 120, so I wouldn't recommend buyers to buy any of the coolers reviewed really.

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I'm surprised only by the "9500 makes less noise than 9700"-part. Ofc there could always be more coolers in such roundups, but cmon they're just humans after all :) Good to see you had the temperature deltas there instead of just CPU-temperatures. That's the way to go.

Looking forward for more of these! One interesting cooler would be the smaller Noctua. (92 mm model)

10. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

good review guys was looking for a cheap and quiet cooler for my friends new pc and looks like the zalman is the way to go just for the pure sex looks lol

11. Naberius

Naberius What's a Dremel?

I had a zalman cnps9500, and im sorry to say i found it complete rubish, swapped with a freezer 7, processor is a lot cooler now, and the overall sysem noise is far less. May just be my experiences, but i certainly cant recommend it.

12. Major

Major Guest

Thermalright 120 Ultra > All. :)

13. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Just because its old bindi, i dunno :p I did like the review though, looking forward to pt2

14. Jipa

I've seen many cases when the base of the 9500 has been twisted and thus hasn't had good contact with the CPU. Are you sure the problem wasn't this with your 9500?

15. SaII

SaII What's a Dremel?

Wheres Tuniq Tower?

16. specofdust

specofdust Banned

This is a very useful little review, but it really needs the scythe infinity or ninja added to it ASAP, and maybe the TT as well - since those are quite often considered to be the very best air coolers out there.

17. The_Head

The_Head What's a Dremel?

Using a Zalman 9500 here on my e6600, got good temps, does pretty well in the review too, would like to see it compared to a Scythe Ninja though.

18. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

What excellent timing to do a review on the ASUS Silent Square Pro! I was already seriously thinking about buying one, and now I definately will. ;D

19. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Right now I am looking into an air cooler, perfect timing. Will probably get the 9700. Nice review :thumb:

EDIT: Whats the difference between the black 9700 and the normal one? Apart from color?

20. Jipa

The color of the leds and the price. The version without the blue leds costs more.

Tags: Add Tags