1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Lian Li PC-V351 Tray Thickness

Discussion in 'Modding' started by unholythree, 23 Aug 2012.

1. unholythree

unholythree What's a Dremel?

Despite an exhaustive search I can't seem to find the thickness of the Lian Li PC-V351 motherboard tray itself. This tray seems to be a popular choice with modders, and I think it would be perfect for my SFF project but I'm not sure how much height it will add to my motherboard. As I'm trying keep the size as small as possible clearance is very much an issue and I don't trust my estimations just from looking at pictures.

Does anyone have measurements handy, or the willingness to pull out their tray and measure from the top of the PCB to the bottom lip of the tray?

For clarifications sake the dimensions of the back plate with the i/o aperture and PCI brackets is irreverent I plan to discard it an make my own.

2. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

3. asura

asura jack of all trades

Lian Li generally use 1.5mm aluminium and fold the edges over to increase rigidity so a little over double that for about 15mm around three sides of the perimeter. They use standard standoffs which are (if I recall correctly) around 8mm - don't have one loose to measure. Add to that your PCB thickness and you'll have your magic number.

4. unholythree

That's my magic number.:thumb:

Cool, now to see if I can meet the spec microATX required clearance for the motherboard and still cram all I want into 18 liters.

Thank you sir, I now have numbers to crunch.

5. asura

asura jack of all trades

I *think* we may have wires crossed... the 15mm I quoted is an approximate for the length of the fold underneath the tray (my tray on a PC-A10), this 180degree fold increases strength...

6. unholythree

^ I think you're right. The PC-V351 tray I'm thinking of has a lip along the bottom perimeter of the tray at a 90° angle:

[​IMG]

maybe 15-16mm or so?