1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lian Li Xbox 360 case is just weeks away

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Jun 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

What exactly is the reason to buy this thing? It's a Lian-Li, so it's not going to be cheap, and it looks a lot bigger than the standard case. I'm not sure that I want to risk voiding my warranty, at least until it's over.

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I'll be having one of those fan controlers thankyouverymuch!!!!

4. bowman

bowman Minimodder

It's a shame the 360 is such a mangy piece of hardware, failing constantly.

It's not worth this Rolls Royce case and that new Thermalright cooler a site spied for it. Such a shame, I guess it's what it takes for consoles to be as cheap as they are.

5. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Eh I figured that would be totally obvious, the 360 has and awful thermal design, and the cramped case is part of the overall problem. I'm very tempted to buy this actually, my 2nd 360 is starting to freeze up so I think its going to die again this summer. I've thought quite a bit about modding my case for bigger fans etc but a kit like this would make it so convenient to do. Besides the heat issues with the 360 case its also loud as all hell, though that's mostly the DVD drive but this case would at least cut out the fan noise which is still quite loud.

6. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

When's the 720 out?

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I got a bit excited, looking at the pics first. I thought LianLi had managed to make an upgradeable x360, in terms of adding your own hard drive. Alas not.

It should prove that, given the proper amount of cooling, rrod's can be avoided.

8. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Where are the rest of the photos?? :(

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Well part of the high failure rate is due to thermal issues. I'd put money on a group of new 360s in these having a lower failure rate than standard 360s in equal conditions.

Word on price? And will they do something to internalize the giant power brick so I can just run a standard cord to an outlet, or will I have to continue dealing with that honking thing and its inflexible cable ruining everything?

10. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

How much is it? I want one damnit Bindi, I'll promise never to tell J to slap you again!

11. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

So how do you spell 'reckon' again?

12. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

i'll be waiting for the review on the 360 case, just bought my brothers off him and collecting it this weekend any ideas on prices yet though guys? any chance of some more piccys of that and this elusive X500?

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i wonder if MS will sell some xboxes in these cases..... with warranty and all...

14. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

That and a blu-ray drive would make it an instant win, even without blu-ray i would still run out and order it.

Sam

15. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Hope it comes in silver as well

16. naokaji

naokaji whatever

and a 1TB hdd... afterall that thing ends up in the living room:D

17. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

It Is Too Dang Large. You could fit three of those consoles in one of them Lian Li cases and still have room to spare, I just don't like it at all. I don't like consoles either, but that's an entirely other thing, the thing here is that I hate unnecessarily huge cases.

18. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Does the power brick go inside of the case?

19. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Whats up with the hard drive in those pictures...

About the only thing i think Sony got right about the PS3 was not locking down the hard drives into 'only MS-branded HDD's work' idea... surely the pictured 3.5" HDD wouldn't work?

I'd be sorely tempted by a case such as those if it reduced the fan/drive noise a fair bit...

Heres a potential idea for a 360 mod: set the DVD drive with an add-in hefty RAM caching system with cheap DDR2 ram sticks :)
    As the constant loading times is the main thing that makes me prefer PC gaming over consoles

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No. It's large because it's the width of the DVD drive, and it also adds space for a 120mm fan in the back and another in the front.

I forgot to mention - LiLi are working with CoolIT to provide a specific watercooling kit with it so we'll talk to the CoolIT guys about doing them both together for review :)

Tags: Add Tags