1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other mainbord has power but dose not turn on?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Elspuddy, 29 Jan 2021.

1. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

hi
    amd ryzen 3600X
    Asus b450 prime gaming
    Corsair iCUE H100i PRO XT RGB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 3200
    2Xssd
    2x hard drives,
    1080gfx card,
    I was getting some high temps ideling at 50C hiting 80C under a load, so i went to install a watercooler, now the pc dose not power up when i push the power switch , iv tryed reseating the cpu and putting it on a esd bag and shorting the two power pins on the mainboard and still not powering up, other things to note, i had to put new cpu cooler brackets on the mainboard due to the amd wraith cooler with the screw in mount also tryed new psu, the mainboard dose have power becaues the lights on the mainboard light up, i did mage to pull the cpu out the socket while removeing the old cooler but i see no damage to the cpu pins, i can rule out the psu because i put a new one in there and same issue

2. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Is it still on the ESD bag? They are electrically conductive and would short out the whole thing.

3. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

its back in it's case, still not powering on .

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

You might have overtightened the cooler bracket, so this is worth undoing and re-doing, more gently. Alternatively, having pulled out the CPU with the old cooler you might have caused some damage. Personally, I'd have it apart and have a good old look.

5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I've got the same issue! Was just about to post a new thread...

I tried replacing the CMOS battery as researched elsewhere as well - might be worth trying that, but it's probably not the issue if you're using a new board.

Is there a way of testing power (safely) to the board sockets with a multimeter? I've tried two power supplies as well. GPU has power lights on. No fans, no boot, no pump running unless I short the 24pin lead on supply one and use the second supply for ATX.

Only things plugged in are CPU, ATX, 1x RAM, pump and a fan. Outside the box on a massive dictionary.