1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Manhunt 2 could see uncut release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 31 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. f00dl3

f00dl3 What's a Dremel?

Finally, a country that stands up for freedom of choice, while here the United State's so called "freedoms" have more or less turned it's own government into a dictatorship with censorship and control which can be bought out by any willing private interest group and rigged based on one thing: money.

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the Dutch are AWESOME!!!!! :D

and an unified EU rating system would be even more awesome, if it was not filled with old farts.

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Your kidding right, the Germans would have any thing gun or nazi related banned before it was even produced!

For example

Last edited: 31 Aug 2007
  5. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

At first I thought a world-wide rating system, but then I realised that the US would somehow end up controlling that and pushing their OTT attitudes on us.
    Then I thought that it should just be up to the individual. Then I thought to add, or their legal guardian if a child.
    But then I remembered that most parents let their children play whatever they damn well please as long as they're occupied for a bit.

6. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

It would be nice to see it in its full glory (or should that be gory).

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

i do like the Dutch, they seem a lot more sensible than most other countries, of course I may be biased as my fiancée is Dutch but hey :)

As the article says, as long as things are not illegal then people should be able to make up their own minds about it, if you find it that disgusting and twisted then don't buy it and try controlling what your kids do for once....

8. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

The dutch may allow it, but whether Nintendo or Sony will is another matter.

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Would It be considered illegal to import a copy if it is still banned in the UK?

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

There we go. I knew the Dutch is simply the best :D

<<1/8th Dutch myself :p>>

11. sinkhead

sinkhead Pleh

A European rating system would be pretty good, but maybe not as well... A lot of movies I know are rated higher in other parts of Europe than they are in the UK, so it would probably end up like that in games as well...

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

how about a group of quasi young and technologically enlightened people from all of the countries that belong to the EU that vote on the rating of a game, that way if Germany ends up giving it a ban the middle ground would be 16+ because the middle ground would be that.... and of course all of them must play the games they rate....... :worried:.... lucky guys

and of course there should be some regional versions like WW2 games that are censored in part because of the German people.

Tags: Add Tags