1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missiles sent to Iran!

Discussion in 'Serious' started by ozer, 18 Jan 2007.

1. ozer

ozer What's a Dremel?

From yesterday's Times:
    It now looks like, an attack on Iran similar to that carried out on Iraq might produce a more difficult and complicated war!

Last edited: 18 Jan 2007
  2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

3. ozer

ozer What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately that was all the news and there is no more to read - hence no link. (see page 38, The Times January 17 2007)

4. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

And that didn't look likely even before these missiles were delivered? :worried:

These missiles are pretty capable, supposedly capable of engaging smaller targets such as cruise missiles and even smart bombs, which could do a fair bit to blunt the superiority of American (or Israeli) air power. But not a sufficient increase in capability to really change things I feel. I doubt the missiles could shoot down a HARM though, and if one was fired at these missiles, well, that'd be the end of that..

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Is Bush wanting to re-open the Cold War? He's giving the Israelis far more fire-power than anyone's giving their enemies. But he keeps pushing...sometimes...
    Bit of a quandary there. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. This wasn't in Plan A. :duh:

Last edited: 18 Jan 2007
  6. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

THis is old news. The Missiles are Tor M3 SAMs (NATO designation SA10) (IIRC)

I found it interesting that one of the things Bush specifically mentioned was sending Patriot batteries to the region, which is pointless unless he's worried about Iranian missles.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Well, as I said in another thread:

8. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Not just a polarized middle east, but polarized world. Us vs. them, "You're either with us or your's against us", everything in black (brown, red, yellow) vs. white.

This is the neocon world view and they are working hard to make it a reality. Th simplicity and smug feeling of superiority is very very attractive to a lot of people in this country :sigh: