1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Monsoon Rotary Angled and Lightport Fittings review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 29 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. alain-s

alain-s Minimodder

Very nice Antony I have bin waiting for this article with the monsoon lightport fitting. Although they light may be a bit weak I am looking forward to receive my Lightports. I hope the work better with coloured coolant and white leds.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I think white is probably the way to go, especially if you're using coloured coolant. I've seen a couple of examples of the coloured LEDs working well with clear tubing and clear water, but who uses that these days!

4. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Strong want.

5. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

the only thing that would put me off using the light-ports would be the wires would certainly have to think of a creative way of managing them as the ooo ahh effect wouldnt nearly be as stunning with a bunch of wires hanging around

6. wsmccusker

wsmccusker What's a Dremel?

What about UV LED's and an appropriate reactive coolant?

7. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I agree about the wires Sniper. I was thinking, if you are watercooling, you don't need the CPU-FAN connector. There could be a nice source for the power right next to every CPU socket!

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Xtrafresh beat me to it.
    These are pretty snazzy, but what we really need in a rotary fitting is a super-low profile model.
    -Take it from someone who just whacked a hole in a case to get a barb to fit a radiator in the 1" fan space.

siliconfanatic likes this.
  9. Risky

Risky Modder

I think if you're goign for it the cables could be part of the design. I would be a bit 'busy' rather than minimalist but you could then get them hooked up to a controller for some interesting effects.

10. XNine

XNine What's a Dremel?

I have some of these in my build (the light ports, not the fittings) and they are phenomenal. The best lighting fittings I've come across, especially for reservoirs as there is ZERO light-bleed out the rear of the fitting. As well, I'm using the angled fittings and compressions from Monsoon. Can't say enough about the quality, honestly. I'd say that they are at worst a match for Bitspower, at best, much better, but that's personal opinion.

Tags: Add Tags